What's Real In The News?

Fake news and propaganda
IceDash
Banned

Unread post by IceDash »

the reflection on the water show smoke doesn't look to real.

and LOL!! why would the navy army on the raft for? To check to see if they are dead?
SmokingGunII

Unread post by SmokingGunII »

The dark patch on the sea is meant to be a reflection NOT a shadow. Curiosly, the ship and dinghy don't seem to share the same properties as the smoke as they reflect zilch. ;)
SmokingGunII

Unread post by SmokingGunII »

ozzybinoswald @ Apr 4 2010, 02:51 AM wrote: Discrepant shadows. Looks photoshopped. The whole entangling embrace pose is something 9/11 sim techs seem to always use. Also, looks like a very shaky sourcing for the photo.

I notice there's a few variants of the image. Trying to disguise the lighting discrepancy I suppose.

Image Image

One of Moscow subway bombers was 17-year-old widow
AP - April-02-10 3:05:48 PM By VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV

The image is striking: a sultry teenager, partly veiled, in the embrace of a bearded man -- both grasping handguns.

The photo appeared Friday in a leading Russian newspaper, which reported that the teen was one of the two female suicide bombers who struck Moscow's subway. The paper indicated that she may have been out to avenge her husband, an Islamic militant killed by Russian forces.

Russian investigators said one of the attackers was a 17-year-old widow named Dzhanet Abdurakhmanova. They did not confirm that the photo published in the Kommersant newspaper was that of the bomber.

Kommersant published what it said was a picture of Abdurakhmanova, also known as Abdullayeva, dressed in a black Muslim headscarf and holding a Makarov pistol. The image was broadcast on all nationwide television networks.

A man with his arm around her, holding a bigger Stechkin gun, was identified as Umalat Magomedov, whom the paper described as an Islamist militant leader killed by government forces in December.

Federal investigators said Abdurakhmanova, who was from the province of Dagestan in the North Caucasus region, attacked the Park Kultury subway station near the famous Gorky Park.

The other blast struck the Lubyanka station in central Moscow, beneath the headquarters of the Federal Security Service or FSB, the KGB's main successor agency. In both cases, the bombs were detonated as the trains pulled into the stations and the doors were opening.

The twin attacks Monday killed 40 people and wounded at least 90. Authorities were still trying to identify the second bomber and track down the organizers of the strike, for which a Chechen militant leader claimed responsibility.

Kommersant said the couple met in an Internet chat. Magomedov then set a meeting and drove her away by force when she was still 16. After her husband's death, Abdurakhmanova may have fallen under the influence of Islamists who persuaded her that she needed to sacrifice her life to avenge her husband, the paper said.

Female suicide bombers from the North Caucasus are often called "black widows" in Russia because many of them are the wives, or other relatives, of militants killed by security forces.

Alexander Ignatenko, head of the independent Moscow-based Institute for Religion and Politics, said Islamic militants persuade "black widows" that a suicide bombing will reunite them with their dead relatives beyond the grave.

"They go on a mission fully confident that they will meet with their loved ones," said Ignatenko, who has studied the Islamic insurgency in the Caucasus.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD9ER4Q7O0
Ozzy - it occurs to me, that the photo could be any couple posing for a normal photograph with both the hands/guns shopped in afterwards. I'm unconvinced with the angle of his hand over her shoulder. The wrist would need to be folded sharply back on itself.
godzilla

Unread post by godzilla »

I think we are being told this photo is supposed to be of the same 17 y.o. woman.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... dY0mrnI4gs

More crappy "photos" here:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... tgPAksjoDA
"It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true." - Henry Kissinger
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Godzilla : What do you mean by "crappy", huh...?
You don't expect Russian authorities to have the very latest Nikon cameras, do you? :rolleyes:

Caption:
"Terror attacks on Moscow Metro
These women were the suicide bombers!
The body of the second 'Black Widow'."

Caption:
"Terror attacks on Moscow Metro
These women were the suicide bombers!
Her corpse was also photographed at the scene of the carnage."

This is getting so ridiculous I don't even know what to say. Maybe that's the very purpose of this insane crap.
http://www.septemberclues.org
ozzybinoswald
Banned

Unread post by ozzybinoswald »

SmokingGunII 4 Apr 4 2010, 08:39 PM wrote:
ozzybinoswald 4 Apr 4 2010, 02:51 AM wrote:

Image Image
Ozzy - it occurs to me, that the photo could be any couple posing for a normal photograph with both the hands/guns shopped in afterwards. I'm unconvinced with the angle of his hand over her shoulder. The wrist would need to be folded sharply back on itself.
Although I agree the hands/guns were shopped in I don't think there were ever two people together posing for a photograph. It's a complete fabrication.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

This is getting so ridiculous I don't even know what to say. Maybe that's the very purpose of this insane crap.

Remember how D.Duck once said, a while ago, that fakery was indeed the purpose of this insane crap?

That eventually it would get so ridiculous tthat nobody would allow themselves to distinguish between real news and fake news and therefore, nobody would be able to stop the bad news from completely taking over the news system?

... that perhaps the world news systems would become completely helpless to something and that something would replace the news systems and then after nobody could communicate with anybody, the real trial would begin?

Yeah, sometimes I think about that.
fred
Banned

Unread post by fred »

simonshack @ Apr 4 2010, 11:13 AM wrote:
ozzybinoswald 4 Apr 4 2010, 01:51 AM wrote:

"The image is striking: a sultry teenager, partly veiled, in the embrace of a bearded man -- both grasping handguns."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD9ER4Q7O0
Sultry? :blink: :rolleyes: As in ...
Adj. 1. sultry - sexually exciting or gratifying; "sensual excesses"; "a sultry look"; "a sultry dance"
sensual
These AP reporters are sick in their minds.
The AP reporter has probably seen the veiled actress in her street clothes since they're all working together and partying in the same hotels at taxpayer expense.

Just because that actress is playing a "Muslim teenage suicide widow-bomber" for the latest psyop doesn't mean she's not a sexy 20-something AP-Intern/FSB/Mi6 babe in real life.

The reporter isn't taking his job too seriously. He's probably hoping to score some points by telling her how hot she looks with a toy gun and her kinky costume.

"I saw your article--You really think I look sultry? Why thank you! Shall we order another bottle of Vodka?"
fred
Banned

Unread post by fred »

hoi.polloi 4 Apr 5 2010, 10:42 AM wrote:

Remember how D.Duck once said, a while ago, that fakery was indeed the purpose of this insane crap?

That eventually it would get so ridiculous tthat nobody would allow themselves to distinguish between real news and fake news and therefore, nobody would be able to stop the bad news from completely taking over the news system?
If you want to sell more Coca Cola, you run more ads for Coca Cola on TV. The fact that everybody has already heard of Coca Cola and that everybody has seen the same ad 50 times and is sick of it doesn't seem to deter them. The fact that the "product" (sugar water in a can) rots your teeth, targets children, and has no nutritional value doesn't deter them either.

If you want to sell more phony "War on Terror" you run more ads for the War on Terror on TV.

The [wq2rx] idea is that they have a propaganda machine and paid actors and actresses and animators to staff it. As long the money keep flowing in they'll keep doing the same thing until somebody stops them.

Even if you don't have a TV or read the newspaper, you've still seen tens of thousands of ads for Coke. Our military-media friends plan on running tens of thousands of fake stories about suicide bombers to create demand for their products and services.
sparkoflife

Unread post by sparkoflife »

Check out this video that was just released about supposed violence in Iraq.

Fake or not fake ??

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU ... r_embedded
hoi.polloi

If you want to sell more phony "War on Terror" you run more ads for the War on Terror on TV.

Yes, indeed. Wow. Well put. It's capitalism unhindered by laws like self-control, reason, sanity, logic, compassion or even the need for human beings to exist. What a system we've developed! It's so shiny and lovely, it's superior to life itself. Why, this level of self-destruction is life. Where's the nearest Masonic temple? Sign me up to a sunset cult! The vision is just so pure and artistically glorious! :rolleyes:

Why don't they just paint a smiley face on a baseball bat and rob old women on the street? That's "high concept" advertising too.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I'm sure you've all heard of this by now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucwf6DvpG4
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

brianv 4 Apr 10 2010, 05:26 PM wrote: I'm sure you've all heard of this by now!

From the comments below the video:

The plane had a major overhaul and the engines were rebuilt a few months ago. I feel the president and Poland were again victimized again. I am an American and I have no russian or polish blood but I have enough intelligence and street smarts to know they were murdered!
D.Duck
Banned

Unread post by D.Duck »

brianv @ Apr 10 2010, 09:26 PM wrote: I'm sure you've all heard of this by now!

Brian,

What ever happened, the timing sure is interesting.

D.Duck
hoi.polloi

No offense to those who think there is no foul play involved, but when they release videos explaining for five minutes about a complete speculation on the cause of the crash being "fog" ... one has to wonder why such a video need be created.

Unfortunately, once again, walls of disinformation are completely unavoidable. Can we even tell if Putin-Medvedev seems pleased or disheartened? Confused? And while this is going on, are we meant to forget USA's activity? What's the status on the planned USA invasion of Iran? Is Israel involved yet?