Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
edgewaters
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 am

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by edgewaters » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:53 am

anonjedi2 wrote:
edgewaters wrote:Well, its not just local weather when you've deforested a vast percentage of the surface and covered millions of square miles with highly heat-reflective surfaces. If its local everywhere then it's not really local anymore.

But like I said ... cart before the horse. Not only is any data suspect (both that in support and in opposition - which is lying? Almost certainly both), but even if you could validate the data, there is simply no way to promote it that doesn't play into the game, until you've flipped the board off the table.
I disagree. UHI is relegated to dense cities for the most part but let's not belabor that point because it's irrelevant. What is relevant is that these scientists do not account for UHI anywhere in any of their predictions or computer models or any of the IPCC reports. They should be adjusting their numbers downwards by as much as 7 degrees or more in dense areas because of UHI effect increasing over the last few decades. Not only do they not mention it, they actually adjust their numbers upwards!

I can't get on board with the cart before the horse in this situation. This is a theory that was dreamed up, never supported by science and now accepted by the mainstream as fact. There was never any mention of Carbon Dioxide as a pollutant before this CAGW theory was presented to the public. The theory has actually been nullified, failed by its own standards and definition of null hypothesis (I can give details if anyone wants to know). So they twisted the numbers and continued the scam. The lies only come from one direction. The onus is on them to prove the theory. The other side doesn't need to do anything other than present the evidence, history and observations that render the theory useless. In other words, nobody needs to dis-prove Global Warming Theory, it simply doesn't exist.

And yes, you can validate the data and you can even use their own (fudged) numbers to disprove everything they say. The cart before the horse doesn't compute with me.

If I told you I knew how to fly for the last 5 years of my life but then suddenly lost the ability and maybe showed you some circumstantial evidence or some data that had holes in it.

Would you need to prove to the world that I'm lying? Of course not, I'm the one making the outrageous claim and to believe my story would be a massive leap of logic. You wouldn't need to disprove anything or lie about anything.

I've seen truckloads of fakery from both sides of this story. This is reason enough for me to dismiss both of them; particularly if the whole matter is a nonissue!

Gracist
Banned
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by Gracist » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm only in my 20s so an extremely brief time to compare weather trends and look for things unprecedented in my lifetime. However on the news tonight the weather man said to go ahead and plant your spinach, radishes, carrots and etc (early spring crops) because again it's above average temperatures (and unfortunately below average precipitation although we just got well over a foot of snow in an unusal for this area winter storm.)

So all I can say is from my experiences and recollections from my childhood until now (very brief) the weather in my area of the country (NW OK) has become unusual. I've never seen thunder snow at all until like the last couple of years also.

anonjedi2
Member
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:50 am

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by anonjedi2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Gracist wrote:I'm only in my 20s so an extremely brief time to compare weather trends and look for things unprecedented in my lifetime. However on the news tonight the weather man said to go ahead and plant your spinach, radishes, carrots and etc (early spring crops) because again it's above average temperatures (and unfortunately below average precipitation although we just got well over a foot of snow in an unusal for this area winter storm.)

So all I can say is from my experiences and recollections from my childhood until now (very brief) the weather in my area of the country (NW OK) has become unusual. I've never seen thunder snow at all until like the last couple of years also.
Is that Northwest Oklahoma?

bostonterrierowner
Member
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by bostonterrierowner » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Winters are back in my part of the planet , it has been white outside practically since the end of October . We had 2 days of spring recently but it is freezing and snowing again . So much for "global warming" :)

Gracist
Banned
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by Gracist » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:11 am

anonjedi2 wrote:
Gracist wrote:I'm only in my 20s so an extremely brief time to compare weather trends and look for things unprecedented in my lifetime. However on the news tonight the weather man said to go ahead and plant your spinach, radishes, carrots and etc (early spring crops) because again it's above average temperatures (and unfortunately below average precipitation although we just got well over a foot of snow in an unusal for this area winter storm.)

So all I can say is from my experiences and recollections from my childhood until now (very brief) the weather in my area of the country (NW OK) has become unusual. I've never seen thunder snow at all until like the last couple of years also.
Is that Northwest Oklahoma?
Yes.

Gracist
Banned
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by Gracist » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 pm

"Forecasting the End" is a lovely new original series from The Weather Channel.

Link to videos: http://www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/forec ... e-end/main

hoi.polloi
Administrator
Posts: 5061
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by hoi.polloi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 pm

To spare those of us who hate watching television, do you want to summarize what the show is about and explain the link?

Gracist
Banned
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by Gracist » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:12 pm

hoi.polloi wrote:To spare those of us who hate watching television, do you want to summarize what the show is about and explain the link?
Sorry, I also hate watching TV but just noticed ads for this new series while checking my local weather forecasts. This particular series hasn't aired yet (begins the 21st it says.) From what I can see it is a show about hypothetial events that could destroy the world. Just more Doomsday propaganda. It looks like some of the topics include methane gas (vegetarian / global warming agenda I assume), asteroids (of course), and "rogue planets." The link is just to the main page for the series on the Weather Channel website. I just thought it was weird for a station that's supposed to be about weather updates and forecasts to have a new shoe about strange end of the world phenomena like that.

CTGal1011
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by CTGal1011 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Totally inappropriate, but every time I see the words "giant icy balls", I giggle like a school girl. If giant balls were falling from the sky, I'd likely walk around with my tongue hanging out.

:wub:

Post Reply