SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

Re: SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

Postby elmoastro on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Here's a link to the screen shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wI3zO9 ... RJRSx/view

I'll try clearing the browser cache. IIRC, it's happened in the past, again, could be on my end.
elmoastro

Postby elmoastro on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Cleared cache, still throws the error. Could be anal antivirus setting.
elmoastro

Postby SacredCowSlayer on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:21 pm

elmoastro » December 7th, 2018, 10:09 am wrote:Cleared cache, still throws the error. Could be anal antivirus setting.

Weird. But you are able to otherwise navigate the forum?

It’s just that one page?

Thank you for letting me know. We are also having some other relatively minor “buggy” issues.
I’ll need to be looking for somebody to assist with upgrading the forum soon, as our present one is a bit out of date.

But I don’t want to screw it up by trying by myself.

And I learned in October that having the forum up (generally), even if imperfect, is preferable to it being down.

Thanks to all who bring these things to my attention.

Also, I might as well give an update concerning a few other things while I’m at it.

1. With regard to Fbenario’s reminder about the Mint statistics, I am still working on that. I thought I had it fixed the other day, but it’s still not showing up.

The good news is that the statistics are working, and are retrievable. The bad news is that they don’t appear on the forum.

Perhaps I will create a new topic whereby I load them from time to time- at least until that is resolved.

2. Regarding PMs- if you get an error when trying to send a PM, try removing any smilies. That “worked” for me a few days ago when I was trying to send a relatively simple PM to Simon.

3. Finally (for now), if anyone has issues here, please email me at the address below. And the return email from me will most likely be from clueman78 at outlook. Just FYI.

Thank you for your patience with me. I’m truly doing my best. And again (it’s worth repeating here), I’m still looking for an IT person (or near equivalent will do :) ) to help out with the technical issues here at CF.

Sincerely,
scs

scs@cluesforum.info
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Postby elmoastro on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks SCS. Rest of site works perfectly for me.
elmoastro

Postby SacredCowSlayer on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:36 pm

elmoastro » December 7th, 2018, 10:31 am wrote:Thanks SCS. Rest of site works perfectly for me.

Okay. I’m going to see if I can remove that topic then re-post it.
We will see if that works.
Let me know.
scs

scs@cluesforum.info
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Previous

Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips