Miscellaneous Receptacle

Discussions related to both taboo and peculiar areas of research.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Update: HOW TO REGISTER AT CLUESFORUM

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

Attention Cluesforum,

PianoRacer and I have finally managed to get the Registration Settings cleared up. It is now such that newly registered users will receive an activation email immediately following registration. Simply open that email and either click the link (or copy to your browser), and you should see a message confirming your successful registration.

If you have any trouble, please email me ([email protected]) and Simon ([email protected]).

If you haven’t read the post at the top of this thread, please do so (in full) prior to Registration.

We look forward to reading your introduction posts in the topic entitled “Introduce Yourself to the Administrators.”

I wish to give PianoRacer a very special “thank you,” as I would not be able to see my way through these hairy technical aspects without him.

Sincerely,

Simon Shack, SacredCowSlayer, and the Cluesforum Administrators
fbenario

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by fbenario »

Observer » November 13th, 2018, 6:48 am wrote:About Kham's witnessing of a double-murder triple-injury shooting, I have been privately notified by PM that Kham has discussed this in a CluesForum podcast. So I guess I (and Simon) can be scolded for having not yet listened to all the CluesForum podcasts, haha, sorry Hoi.

But still, Kham, it would be much appreciated if you could please post details here, in written form, so that we can do our due-diligence of checking to confirm this was indeed an ultra-rare case of an ACTUAL shooting. If we don't do a little checking, it would appear to readers that we are "playing favorites / getting loose" about terror/attack claims.
At this time we still haven't been given any details about this shooting story. Discussing it on a podcast doesn't give it greater legitimacy or veracity.

Why aren't the mods pressuring her publicly to provide evidence of the event here on the forum? The vast majority of readers will never hear that podcast episode, and yet now apparently are expected to assume the event happened? No other member would ever be allowed to get away with such a drive-by claim.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: The Garbage Bin

[Note by SCS (below) from when I began working on this.
clueman78 » October 31st, 2018, 5:23 am wrote:I truly dislike having to create a “topic” like this. But, having reviewed every (or close to it) single post in the Derailing Room, I am now able to articulate the basis for this decision.

There are often well written and insightful posts to be found in the general Derailing Room. But for whatever reason (usually off topic), they sit (almost) uselessly, seldom to be read by anyone. In that sense, it’s a shame.

On the other hand, and just as often, there are cheap or deliberately insulting one-liners or odiously long and pointless distractions contained therein. While these should arguably be deleted, it is my position that they may serve a purpose in the future, as we become better acquainted with the nature of forum disrupters and the like.

Let’s face it, ten or twenty years from now, the membership here will have more insight than it has now. And it would be a shame to deprive those members of anything that could end up being useful, even if it’s only to review the change in tactics and so forth over the years.

So, I have created this for the Admins/Mods as an alternative to the Derailing Room. An otherwise acceptable post that simply derails (or tends to derail) a topic should of course continue to be placed in the Derailing Room, as is now customary.

But, posts that have essentially no substantive or probative value, and contain primarily (or purely) ad hominem attacks and/or utter nonsense. . . well, this is as good a place as any to dump it if you deem appropriate. That’s why I’ve named it “Miscellaneous Receptacle.”

As a matter of guidance to the Moderators: Please note that a post that properly belongs in this “topic” may indeed (but not necessarily, such as when a member or Mod makes a quick reply to a nonsensical post) reflect poorly on its author. That certainly does not however mean that a warning or a ban should be made or imposed.

That is a judgment call for the Moderator, and ultimately (in the long run) one for the Admins. The key here is discerning whether the poster is acting in good faith or not.

Obviously this is an ongoing process, and I’m still sorting through the Derailing Room, amongst other places. Thank you for your patience as I’m doing this slowly and methodically, and alongside organization of “The Holocaust” topic(s).

If you have any questions for me about how this should be used, please don’t hesitate to email me: [email protected].
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Administrators

simonshack » December 1st, 2018, 7:00 pm wrote:
TheWalruss wrote: There's nothing in the clips that point to any kind of deception, except some doofus put some arrows in one of the clips pointing out something I can't figure out.
Oh, I guess that's me (the "doofus"). How about you perhaps being a doofus, Walruss? If you can't figure out simple things like photo forgery / image processing (which you say is "your fetish"?), I'm afraid you may not be a very helpful contributor to this forum.
TheWalruss wrote:I've looked at some random threads here in the forum and have to say the analysis done here tends to be very sloppy, but in a crude way you have amassed a *lot* of content that is at least thought-provoking.
So you've looked at some "random threads" and have concluded that the analyses done here tend to be "very sloppy"? Pardon me, but it seems that the sloppiness here is your own attempt to register at this forum. Do you understand ANY of this forum's longstanding research topics? It doesn't sound like it.
TheWalruss wrote:I was led here by a /u/patrixxxx on reddit, who insists that rocket propulsion is impossible in a vacuum. Arguments on reddit are rarely effective, and given the 50+ pages on the topic, I felt I could more effectively correct misunderstandings regarding rocket science right in the forum. I'm planning to construct a step-by-step illustrated lesson on the subject and post it in the relevant thread.
Sorry, my dear fellow Swede - but I'm not interested in any lectures regarding "rocket science" from an arrogant 35-year-old prick who feels the need to state that "I have friends across the globe who are scientists and engineers with different fields of expertise" - as if this would mean anything as to the functionality of your own gray matter. Life is too short and this forum does not provide a platform to timewasters. Goodbye now.
Well, looks like the ol’ walrus got (ironically) bounced around like a proverbial beach ball.

I will note that I nearly bent over backwards to give him every opportunity to show a measure of good faith and possibly demonstrate that he may be of value to this Forum.

He obviously never got close.

I will ban him and remove the vestiges of this vetting to the proper thread.

Thanks Dani and Simon.

Bye bye Walrus.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Thanks SCS and Dani. You're quite the vetting "dream-team"... :)

I much appreciate your rigorous vetting process of aspiring new members of the forum - since I have often, over the years, kicked myself for letting timewasters enter the forum and waste everyone's time. To be sure, time is the most precious thing we have in this crazy world we live in. I guess one only learns this fundamental thing with age...

Having said that, I think we've also learned a lot from the various clowns / shills / or simply "TV-brainwashed" folks registering here. From time to time, it may be valuable to "let them in" - so as to allow our readership to discern and appreciate the multitude of reactions that the Cluesforum research inspires. Failing that, we run the risk of being called "a close-minded, cult-like community".
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

simonshack » December 1st, 2018, 7:43 pm wrote:Thanks SCS and Dani. You're quite the vetting "dream-team"... :)

I much appreciate your rigorous vetting process of aspiring new members of the forum - since I have often, over the years, kicked myself for letting timewasters enter the forum and waste everyone's time. To be sure, time is the most precious thing we have in this crazy world we live in. I guess one only learns this fundamental thing with age...

Having said that, I think we've also learned a lot from the various clowns / shills / or simply "TV-brainwashed" folks registering here. From time to time, it may be valuable to "let them in" - so as to allow our readership to discern and appreciate the multitude of reactions that the Cluesforum research inspires. Failing that, we run the risk of being called "a close-minded, cult-like community".
I agree. And frankly, I was practically begging this one to demonstrate that he was here with something we could work with.

But, given his responses, I was a little bit concerned that our members would think we didn’t so much as attempt to vet this guy.

And he didn’t even pretend to acknowledge or support any of the existing research here.
He just wanted to hop on. . . and yes, “lecture” us about rocket science. :rolleyes:

I’m looking forward to some good (or even decent) new members joining.

This one was truly horrific.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

I’ve decided to keep the above posts here until deciding whether to simply move them to the “Exchanges . . .” topic on the Admin/Mod only forum, or to create a new topic that shows select exchanges to our members.
In either case, I don’t foresee them remaining here for long.
Thanks All,
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Vetted Prospects Who Didn’t Make The Cut

I’m somewhat conflicted here, as I want to encourage our prospective members to write freely during the vetting process.

I also think the exchanges (whereby the prospect fails to make the cut) may, in some instances, be insightful to our members so they can see for themselves that we aren’t simply shooting down outsiders for some improper purpose.

Sure, some may allege that anyway. But that’s nothing new, and frankly there’s nothing we can do about that. That is so long as we don’t wish to entertain infiltrators.

They would also be able to see how we go about “testing” these prospects for good faith and familiarity with the CF’s existing research.

Ultimately (perhaps), this could serve to prevent some troublemakers from even attempting.
Then again, maybe it will “help” them to learn how to further waste our time. I’ve attempted to account for this apparent dilemma below.

So, I’m going to make a proposal here, and seek feedback from other Admins and Mods before posting this on the forum.

How about I create a new topic in the “How to Register” forum (initially as an Announcement-like 7 days) whereby I place the exchanges of these prospects? And I could modify the forum permissions such that only those in the Registered Users group (or higher) are able to see it.

Any thoughts on thi would be welcomed and appreciated.

If the dejected Prospect’s Username needs to be redacted, I suppose I could do that. I’m open to ideas.

My Warmest Regards to You All,
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Engineering Nutrition

sykkelmannen » December 6th, 2018, 7:12 pm wrote:
HonestlyNow » December 6th, 2018, 6:27 pm wrote:[quote="
Perhaps, many of those who have chosen to not partake of the killing, and torturing, of animals and ingesting the remains, are those who have gone within themselves and found that their own conscience does not allow such actions.
Well said.
Good news for those hellbent on a healthy diet: with the amount of food waste in the 30-50% range, you too can eat whatever you want at zero cost . . .
If you don’t mind indulging us here just a bit. . ., but, where exactly is this “zero cost” (free) food?

Or maybe I failed to pick up on the satire?
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Workshop for Admins

Observer has kindly offered :rolleyes: to stop impersonating Simon so long as he gets to keep harassing us and somehow remaining relevant.
What a POS.
I swear. . . I’m . . . (to be continued)
ICfreely

Re: Psychiatry

Unread post by ICfreely »

[Admin Note by SCS: This post appears to be an accidental duplicate posted by ICfreely. But, in case there was something different about it that escaped my attention- I didn’t want to delete it.]
Lots of articles in the MSM about how older sufferers are SO relieved at finally being given the label and can now relax knowing there's a medical name for their 'being different'.
This reminds me of a passage from Dr. Mendelsohn’s book.

Confessions of a Medical Heretic (Ch. 7: The Devil’s Priests) - Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D.

Doctors are so powerful precisely because they have, as priests of the Church of Modern Medicine, removed all the old guilts. Modern Medicine invalidates the old guilts which, strangely enough, held people to their old religions. Nothing is a “sin” anymore, because there is a physical consequence, the doctor has the power to fix you up. If you get pregnant, the doctor can perform an abortion. If you get venereal disease, the doctor can give you penicillin. If you are gluttonous and damage your heart, the doctor can give you a coronary bypass. If you suffer from emotional problems, the doctor has Valium, Librium, and other narcotics to help you get by without caring, or feeling. If those don’t work, there are plenty of psychiatrists.

Doctors protect themselves further through the sacred language of the priest. A religion must have a sacred language to separate the discourse of the priesthood from the lowly banter of the masses. After all, the priests are on speaking terms with the powers that seep the universe on course. We can’t have just anyone listening in. Sacred language of doctors is no different from jargon developed by any elitist group. Its main function is to keep outsiders ignorant. If you could understand everything your doctor was saying to you and to other doctors, his power over you would be diminished. So when you get sick because of the generally filthy conditions in the hospital, he’ll call your infection nosocomial. That way, you’ll not only not get angry at the hospital, but you’ll feel privileged to have such a distinguished sounding disease. And too scared to get mad.

http://www.whale.to/c/devilspriests.html
(viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2027&start=45#p2399694)

Eisenberg became a psychiatric fellow at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore.

I think it’s worth noting that Johns Hopkins University is “ground zero” for North American Allopathy.

Power Politics and the Takeover of Holistic Health in North America: An Exploratory Historical Analysis - Farah M Shroff, PhD

The Flexner Report

A Council on Medical Education was established in 1904 by the AMA and was composed solely of representatives from universities which followed the Johns Hopkins’ model.

The Council then applied, through the AMA, to the Carnegie Foundation to commission an independent report to verify its work. Abraham Flexner, an educator whose brother was an allopath, was selected for the task. He was accompanied by Nathan Colwell, MD, Secretary of the Council, and a participant in all the site visits. They visited all the medical schools in North America.

In 1910, the Flexner Report, Medical Education in the United States and Canada was released by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The report marked a turning point in medical education. It suggested new guidelines for medical schools to make them more scientific (in the reductionist and dualist tradition). Approved schools were to provide full-time research faculty as well as a solid, technological base — the modern research laboratory (Barzansky and Kenagy, 2010) — which required a large amount of funding.

http://www.pimatisiwin.com/online/wp-co ... Shroff.pdf
(viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2027&start=60#p2399894)

Speaking of large amounts of funding:

Bloomberg Gives $1.8 Billion to Johns Hopkins for Student Aid
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/18/us/m ... ation.html

And the saga continues…
caran25

Re: Psychiatry

Unread post by caran25 »

[Admin Notice by SCS: withdrawn.]

You have GOT to be joking. As an ex English teacher I am perfectly capable of stringing two words together without 'typos' and am equally more than capable of creating logical paragraphs. Good grief and good bye!
Last edited by SacredCowSlayer on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Unread post by simonshack »

Hm, dearest SCS - I think you may have perhaps been a tad over-zealous with caran25's posting.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

simonshack » January 28th, 2019, 4:37 pm wrote:Hm, dearest SCS - I think you may have perhaps been a tad over-zealous with caran25's posting.
Simon,

Here at the end of a long day . . . I have to agree with your observation (above). May kindness and graciousness prevail.

Thank you my dear friend.

Edit at 12:31 AM (Central): Simon, after moving my own post, it all looked a bit disjointed in the DR, and probably begged questions and our readers (amongst others) May have read too much into the little there was to be seen.

So I’ve moved the posts here. If for some reason you wish them to be placed back in the DR for display, please let me know.

Otherwise, I plan to send caran25 a PM letting her know that I will generally refrain from editing her posts from now on.

I was a little taken aback by her response, since I’ve had SO many members express sincere thanks for the edits I make (from time to time). She’s the first one to object.

From now on I will politely ask during the vetting process whether it’s okay.

It’s possible that my Notice is what got her mad, as opposed to the edits. And I can understand that- now that I think back on it.

Anyway, if I see an ant hill cropping up from now on- I won’t grab the .50 cal machine gun. LOL!

SMH . . .
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Miscellaneous Receptacle

IP test—using the HideMyAss app.