UPDATED FORUM POLICY

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

UPDATED FORUM POLICY

Postby SacredCowSlayer on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:33 pm

IMPORTANT FORUM POLICY UPDATE: November 24, 2018

Dear Cluesforum,

In light of some recent posts which have frankly led to an inordinate amount of work for the Admins here, the following policies are hereby implemented.

1. Please be on Notice that, effective immediately, all personal images (depicting the likeness of generally unknown persons (i.e. non-public figures), regardless of whether it is (purportedly) of oneself shall be:

A. accompanied by supporting context for why it is relevant; and,
B. reasonably articulated such that it adequately describes how the image advances the research.

Even if the posting member thinks (or believes) he/she has satisfied the above criteria, please understand that said belief is not binding on any given Admin or Mod, who may very well remove it.

When it’s not clear that the benefits of the image outweigh the potentials for abuse or harm, it WILL BE removed.

The reason for the criteria set forth above is to allow for the possibility that such a thing may (ultimately subject to Admin approval) be appropriate here on Cluesforum.

2. Moreover, and very importantly, no member is permitted to post the image of another member of this Forum without the prior express consent of the member whose image is being posted. Please note: even with the consent of such member, the posting of the image is still subject to the criteria described (1.A. and B.) above.

It matters not whether the image exists elsewhere on the internet or otherwise. In the event this happens, the posting member may receive anything from a warning to being permanently banned (or something in between), depending on the circumstances and the nature of the post. That will be an Admin determination on a case by case basis.

That said, I sincerely hope we don’t ever have to do that.

Given the trend on other forums (of cavalierly posting personal images), I considered this to be the ideal time to go ahead and address it.

Thank you all for your attention to this matter, and I appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,
scs

scs@cluesforum.info
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips