The new TYCHOS book (2nd Edition - 2022) is OUT!

Simon Shack's (Tycho Brahe-inspired) geoaxial binary system. Discuss the book and website for the most accurate configuration of our solar system ever devised - which soundly puts to rest the geometrically impossible Copernican-Keplerian model.
Discumbobulate

Unread post by Discumbobulate »

Thanks to Admin for providing the means to login again. Saved my Christmas.

Is there any info on the upcoming news on the printed Tychos book? Will print a copy from here if not soon , I will have to give it a read through. Would much rather have a couple of real books.

Didn't know where to post this so here it is. Thanks again Admin
simonshack
Administrator

Re: The new TYCHOS book (2nd Edition - 2022) is OUT!

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear Discumbobulate,

Much of the delay in getting the printed book out is imputable to yours truly - since I have spent the last few months adding some new, important material & discoveries to the original draft (of March 21, 2022). Also, the proofreading, editing, formatting and layout of the book (currently performed in Brazil and Sweden) are in full swing - but they are proving to require more time than expected. After all, the TYCHOS book (what with all its numerous graphics / quotations and unorthodox layout) is a pretty complex affair! :)

I am of course just as impatient as yourself to hold a hardback copy of the 2nd Edition of the TYCHOS book in my hands! The thing is, I won't get two shots at getting "the book of my lifetime" just right, so please bear with us for another while. It should be ready and printed by early 2023. In the meantime though, you may start reading its final draft at my website https://book.tychos.space/
Discumbobulate

Unread post by Discumbobulate »

Thanks for the update Simon . Didn't mean to hassle you , I can see the need to update constantly as your work continually puts right the flaws in that so faulty heliocentric model . I will wait patiently for the book and buy some printer ink in the meantime.
simonshack
Administrator

TYCHOS BOOK (2ND EDITION) : COUNTDOWN FOR THE HARD BACK VERSION

Dear forum members and readers,

This is to announce that the ‘launch countdown’ for the printed release of the 2nd Edition of my TYCHOS book has commenced… If all goes according to plan, gorgeous hard back copies of the book should be available in early December - in time for everyone’s Christmas shopping sprees! :slight_smile:

At the time of writing, the very last touches and refinements to what I consider to be my lifetime’s ‘magnum opus’ are being completed in Brazil, Sweden and Italy (namely by Jesper Sampaio, Per Berglund and yours truly). The three of us have been working at it since early 2023 - and virtually around the clock during the last few months, united by our common objective to present and illustrate the TYCHOS model to the public in the clearest possible manner. In any event, the reading experience of the hard copy version of the book - what with its most elegant design and layout - should be a far cry from that of the current, rather messy online version of ‘the same’.

I must frankly state my heartfelt hope that many of you will not only purchase the book - but also help me promoting it through your own channels, friends and families.
As I like to say, the TYCHOS won’t go away. -_-
Nefilimp

Unread post by Nefilimp »

simonshack wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:51 pm *

TYCHOS BOOK (2ND EDITION) : COUNTDOWN FOR THE HARD BACK VERSION

This is to announce that the ‘launch countdown’ for the printed release of the 2nd Edition of my TYCHOS book has commenced… If all goes according to plan, gorgeous hard back copies of the book should be available in early December - in time for everyone’s Christmas shopping sprees! :slight_smile:
Great news Simon, I will certainly help promote it!
simonshack
Administrator

AT LONG LAST...

Ladies and gents, (*soft cosmic drum roll…*)

It is with uncontainable pleasure that I can now finally announce - on this sunny 1st day of December 2023 - the release (in elegant hardback form) of the 2nd Edition of my book, "The TYCHOS - Our Geoaxial Binary System". Yes, it has taken over a year for its original manuscript to be edited, proofread, revised, corrected, refined, designed and graphically composited (what with its innumerable diagrams and illustrations). For this gargantuan undertaking I have been assisted all along by two outstanding professional book editors and designers, namely Jesper Sampaio and Per Berglund - to whom goes my cosmic respect and galactic gratitude. Of course, I cannot fail to mention here my closest TYCHOS collaborator, Patrik Holmqvist - the professional IT programmer who gave life to the wondrous Tychosium 3D https://ts.tychos.space/ digital orrery which is poised to become the most accurate simulator of our Solar System ever devised.

The new TYCHOS hardcover book (2nd Edition) is now available at LULU books: https://www.lulu.com/shop/simon-shack-a ... pageSize=4

To those who may have purchased the 226-page paperback 1st Edition of the TYCHOS book (2018), please know that the more elegant hardback 326-page 2nd Edition (which features smaller font type) contains about twice as much material as the 1st Edition. I do realize that the pricing of the 2nd Edition might seem a bit steep, but so were LULU's printing costs of the same - and their own recommendations were that I shouldn't price it at less than 50 euros. After all, the TYCHOS is the result of more than a decade of uninterrupted research, so I trust that most people will agree that the book is set at the "right price". In any case - and as I like to say - the TYCHOS won't go away.

More than five years ago, as I released the 1st Edition of my book (”the TYCHOS – Our Geoaxial Binary System” - March 2018) I was fairly satisfied to have provided sufficient evidence as to the binary nature of our Solar System – what with the intersecting orbits of the Sun and Mars - as unwittingly determined by Tycho Brahe, arguably the foremost observational astronomer of all times. At the time, I felt that there was little more information that I could muster to unearth (in the astronomy literature, almanachs, tables, etc.) in the way of further corroborating the tenets of the TYCHOS model – given my limited resources as a lone, independent researcher. To be perfectly honest, my unspoken preoccupation back then was that, sooner or later, some contradictory information (that would have escaped my assiduous research between 2013 and 2018) might eventually emerge and falsify – in one fell swoop - the entire TYCHOS model…

How wrong I was! For another half-decade, I diligently pursued my diggings into further volumes of (oft hard-to-find) specialized papers describing ‘arcane’ studies and experiments performed by heliocentric astronomers and assorted scientists. Many of the latter had obtained puzzling results which had baffled the scientific community of their time; in fact, to this day, most of these experiments’ results have resisted any rational, ‘heliocentric’ explanation (as admitted by their very authors). Thus, I proceeded to put each one of them to the test against the basic paradigms of the TYCHOS model, as outlined in the book’s 1st Edition. To my mounting delight, corroborations of the TYCHOS’ core tenets soon started piling up while, at the same time, providing logical and numerical resolutions to a variety of perplexing and controversial experiments conducted in the past; it truly seemed as if I were holding some sort of master key to the unguarded doors of the labirynthian ‘Babel Tower of Astronomy’. Time and again, the TYCHOS model stood up to my methodical verification process which was then submitted to rigorous cross-validations so as to preclude any undue confirmation bias on my part.

In short, the road to the 2nd Edition of my TYCHOS book has made for a most enthralling journey and, what’s more, for a remarkably tranquil one. Whereas Indiana Jones had to fight off brutal thugs and serpents, my peripatetic research adventure led me on a long trail of gems and jewels only half-covered by the sand – as if begging me to pick them up. Having said that, I am well aware that the TYCHOS model won’t be breezily embraced anytime soon by this world’s scientific establishment. On the contrary, with the release of the book’s 2nd Edition, the uphill battle has only just begun - and there will be no shortage of obstacles along the way. However, those wishing to disprove the TYCHOS model point by point will be faced with a gruelling task: namely, that of presenting a convincing case that each and every piece of evidence supportive of the model’s tenets is just part and parcel of an extraordinary string of interconnected coincidences, all of which somehow coalescing in support of the TYCHOS model’s paradigm... by pure chance! Let that sink, and keep it in mind while considering whether this may be the case - before reaching your personal, well-pondered conclusions.

I warmly encourage astronomers to peruse the Tychosium 3D simulator which, in its current stage of development, already agrees to a remarkable degree of accuracy with the astronomical tables gathered throughout the centuries. Again, it would amount to some formidable coincidence that the Tychosium, in spite of having all the bodies in our system moving around circular orbits and at constant speeds, can still be in excellent accordance with heliocentric simulators such as the famed Stellarium simulator. And all this, without any of the geometric aberrations and incongruencies afflicting heliocentrism.

As you read the 2nd Edition of the book, please keep your minds focused on its contents (which speak for themselves) rather than on the fact that its author is a lone researcher with no academic credentials. After all, the TYCHOS geoheliocentric / binary model is based on that of Tycho Brahe, which remained the prevailing model of our Solar System for almost a century after his death (only to be flipped on its head by his double-crossing assistant Johannes Kepler). As I state in the book’s preface: “If Tycho Brahe and his trusty assistant Longomontanus had been aware of what modern astronomers have learned in later decades, there is no doubt in my mind that they would have reached similar conclusions to those presented in this book.” As for my own role in restoring and reviving their magnificent work, I can only borrow this famous quote by Sir Isaac Newton: “If I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” The so-called “Copernican revolution” has stymied and delayed our understanding of the cosmos for over 400 years; the time has well and truly come for the “Tychosian renaissance”.

May reason prevail.
simonshack
Administrator

HELP WITH THE TYCHOS BOOK’S DIFFUSION

As you know, the 2nd Edition of the TYCHOS book is now available in hardcover at LULU books. Naturally and needless to say, I am dearly hoping that the book - the result of over a decade of relentless, uninterrupted and unpaid astronomy research – may find its way into as many hands as possible.

Some of you may wonder why the book is currently to be found at LULU books only, so here is to clarify: as I went through the various distribution schemes offered by LULU, my original choice was their "global distribution" option (which would allow the book to be available from the stores of "big players" such as Amazon Books and the like) subject however to steep, mafia-style taxation. Well, the problem with this option is that the book’s sale price would have to be set upwards of $78 – or else leave your humble author with virtually no profit margin to speak of. I therefore chose to go (for now) with the "LULU direct" plan, which allows a more reasonable & accessible sales price of $55 - since my main concern, at this time, is to "get the book out there" and to at least ensure that it lands into the homes of the few TYCHOS followers spread around this planet.

Of course, the book enjoys no advertising budget or publicity whatsoever, other than the 'word of mouth power' available to us all - thanks to the worldwide web. So this is a fervent appeal to all TYCHOS supporters to set aside a few minutes of their time actively sharing the below link with their contacts, friends and assorted social media platforms. My heartfelt appeal extends to all truthseekers who have appreciated at least part of my multiple (and this forum's collective) investigations performed over the last 15 years (e.g. Ab of Fakeologist.com), whether or not the TYCHOS model is their cup of tea. After all, it should by now be clear to any earnest minds that I'm an earnest researcher with no sneaky agenda - and that I'm motivated solely by the pursuit of truth, in all fields of human affairs and knowledge. In this respect, I consider my TYCHOS research as the 'opus magnus' of my lifetime efforts; I will remain confident that it will be, in due time, granted the worldwide attention that it deserves, given the fact that it exactingly describes the most logical and plausible geometric configuration of our Solar System ever proposed.

Link to the book’s LULU page: https://tinyurl.com/TYCHOS2ndEdition

Warm thanks to all for any much-needed assistance in diffusing the TYCHOS model to a wider audience.
I dare say (however pretentious and grandiloquent this may sound) that the advancement of human knowledge depends on it. :)
Sincerely yours / Simon Shack
simonshack
Administrator

PDF download of the new TYCHOS book now available

For those who may prefer to read the 2nd Edition of my TYCHOS book on their portable devices, here's where you can download the elegant PDF (which contains the very final version of the book - complete with the expert editing, proofreading and revisions by Jesper Sampaio - a.k.a our longtime Cluesforum member "Flabbergasted" - and the professional layout and graphic design by Per Berglund):

https://book.tychos.space/

For all penniless Cluesforum members/contributors, I offer to send you the 326-page PDF via e-mail free of charge - just by contacting me at [email protected]

May the TYCHOS renaissance begin!
Muggē

Unread post by Muggē »

Simon, this is in regards to the Tychos simulator. Do you have or plan to have VR capability? That would be truly off the hook and really allow people to get their heads around it with the ability to place themselves at any point in the simulator. I have told quite a few people about your book and the Tychos, some find it interesting, others look at me like I’m from Mars, especially people online, real asshats I tell you. You are right, it is an uphill battle and I admire your determination.
simonshack
Administrator

Dear Muggē,

Yes, VR capability would naturally be a next / future step in the evolution of the Tychosium simulator - time & resources permitting. Don't worry about folks thinking you're a Martian, I would actually take that as a compliment - if you can see what I mean... -_- Please do keep telling people about the TYCHOS model - and always keep in mind what Arthur Schopenhauer once said:

“All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed; second, it is violently opposed; and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

To be sure, the Tychos has already met with some vapid "ridicule" and "violence" here and there - but I expect that the earnest readers of ALL 32 chapters in the new 2nd Edition of my book will find its contents compelling, unassailable and, indeed, self-evident. ;)
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

I have been sending personal and "customized" messages to a number of old and new friends I believe are capable of assimilating the facts and discoveries presented in the TYCHOS book. These messages have mostly been met with silence. I think Simon knows this feeling very well. However, the silence is not prejudice or rejection of the ideas in the book on part of the recipients; it is simply that the task of wrapping one's head around the whole TYCHOS proposition is overwhelming and intimidating. It is like putting a 100-kg weight into someone's hands. The person will immediately drop the weight on the floor and say "Wow, amazing, I will have to look into this some day." I can´t blame them. I had a bit of the same feeling when the first edition came out. It´s like, either you dive in with all you got, or you don't even get started.

Particularly when presenting the book to Brazilians, you will find they are generally very open to alternative world views, but generally have no interest in or ability to stitch together a historical map of ideas, places and peoples, something that would make the book's topic so much more exciting. "Kuala Lumpur" is just a funny name; it could be a lake in Finland or a tribe of bushmen. It is not something a Brazilian would waste time reading about. Brazilians live very much in the present, a bit like children, for better or for worse.
simonshack
Administrator

PRESENTING THE NEW TYCHOS BOOK (video)

I just realized today that I’d forgotten to post this video (recorded a couple of weeks ago) presenting the 2nd Edition of the TYCHOS book featuring Patrik and I - and with Nigel Howitt (a former commercial airline pilot) as our host. I think it went pretty well and, hopefully, some more people will consider treating themselves with the elegant hardcover book which can be purchased here: :) https://www.lulu.com/shop/simon-shack-a ... pageSize=4

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONxst-xcOB8
simonshack
Administrator

THE PDF OF THE TYCHOS BOOK NOW FREELY ACCESSIBLE

Dear forum members & readers,

In the occasion of the umpteenth recurrence of my birthday (today, February 5) - and since the solar system as we knew it has turned out to be practically upside-down, I would like to send a 'birthday present' to all of you. :-)

In fact, not one - but two.

- The full PDF of my new Tychos book is now freely downloadable. Please share it far & wide!

- The brand new German translation (by Wini Schäfer) of the book is also freely downloadable!

Here's where you can access the two of them: https://book.tychos.space/
simonshack
Administrator

STOCKHOLM & GOTHENBURG TYCHOS EVENTS - March 8 and 10, 2024

Dear Swedish members & readers, it's TYCHOS meet-up time again!

Tomorrow morning (Friday March 8) I'll be hopping on a plane to my birth town Stockholm for a book release event and presentation of the 2nd Edition of "The TYCHOS - Our Geoaxial Binary System" . On this occasion, Patrik Holmqvist will be showcasing the 'beta' version of the updated Tychosium 3D simulator (and its amazing new features) while I'll be focusing on a new slideshow about Halley's comet - and how only the TYCHOS model can account for its observed orbital motions.

On Sunday (March 10) we will be holding a similar event in Patrik's hometown Gothenburg. A number of hardback copies of the 320-page TYCHOS book should be available at both events, to be signed by the author (your humble cosmological servant). I will now 'unhumbly' venture to say that you don't want to miss out attending these events which may possibly be remembered - some time in the future - as 'historical turning points' of human knowledge. There - I said it. :)

The Tychos STOCKHOLM EVENT: https://www.tapstudio62.com/tychos-bokr ... Gmcxj8u0Yc

The Tychos GOTHENBURG EVENT: https://foreningencuibono.se/2024/01/th ... Ixo35i9ZfA

Hope to see you all there! :wub:
simonshack
Administrator

SWEDEN BOOK RELEASE REPORT

Last week Patrik Holmqvist and I held two TYCHOS lectures / book release events in Stockholm and Gothenburg (March 8 and 10, 2024). We truly couldn’t have asked for a better reception, attendance (we had a ‘full house’ in Stockholm) and vibes from the public and we both wish to warmly thank the wonderful organizers of these memorable events. Some of the attendees had travelled all the way from Bergen (Norway) or Umeå (northern Sweden), both distant about 600-700km from the respective events. Best of all, the general atmosphere at the events was vibrant and responsive, the audience enjoying a good few laughs as we highlighted the most absurd aspects of the ‘standard’ / heliocentric model of our solar system.

We were of course also pleased that the 32 hardcover books I’d ordered and shipped to Sweden were all signed and sold and that over 50 of the 100 Tychos T-shirts (made by Per Berglund, the man behind the Tychos book’s layout and design) were snapped up. On a more ‘sentimental’ note – and as you may imagine – being a Swedish expat who has lived abroad for 97% of my life, to have my book presented in Stockholm (my city of birth) and in Gothenburg (a stonethrow away from my mother’s hometown) was a lovely bonus to the whole affair. As I like to say, the TYCHOS is here to stay... :)

Heja Sverige! <_<