The Psychiatry Deceit

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
simonshack
Administrator

Re: The Psychiatry Deceit

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear Sharpstuff,

My bad - I now realize that I shouldn't have merged the older 'Psychiatry' thread with your more recent 'The Psychiatry deceit' thread. I have now restored the two to their separate threads.

I'm also aware that several members are expressing concerns about Mansur's antics and will take action accordingly if they were to persist.
sharpstuff

Unread post by sharpstuff »

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

I wasn’t sure whether to create a thread regarding the issue of what has come to be called ‘Gender reassignment’ but since Flabbergasted (good to hear from you!) wrote the following, I felt impelled to contribute contribute in this thread.
Flabbergasted wrote:

Internal messages and panel discussions leaked from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) have revealed some of the workings of what some refer to as "a monstrous criminal organization". Here is a 241-page report if anyone is interested:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... les111.pdf
I have recently been watching a number of videos relating to this ‘gender reassignment’ as part of the painful (and, to be blunt), diabolical so-called ‘Woke’ agenda creation.

It is not so much a deception but as an example of the many massaging of any potential ‘truths’ which are forced upon us as truths with devastating consequences for those upon whom these machinations affect the lives of those whom ‘they’ destroy.

Initially I refer to my post on Psychiatry viz. to which I attached the following link to a lecture on ‘Psychiatry’ some may have seen and new readers of this forum may wish to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nd40Uy6tbQ

Personally, I am not sure (!) whether ‘psychiatry is actually a ’science’ but that may be the subject of another post. The word ‘science’ itself maybe a catch-all to fool the masses into believing the subject is even ‘real’.

I downloaded the WPATH .pdf but did not feel to need to read the whole of it. I read all of the first part and the Conclusion which gave me all the ammunition to write this piece. Other readers might want to do the same.

In my view (and I know I am not alone) psychiatry is a catch-all to place all human (and flora and other fauna) behaviours into a so-called ‘medical’ category. This goes for all medical enquiries, theories and ‘treatments’. As we must all recognise, that ‘science’ (whatever that is) is persistent enquiry.

What I find appalling is that it will lead vulnerable people (and especially young people) down the rabbit-hole of permanent damage leading to possible demise by whatever has happened to them. It is playing ‘god’ with their lives with fictitious narrative and physical and emotional persona which require further interventions equally dangerous.

What has been lost under these circumstances is the notion of physical integrity. All this without the consent of the adults (who may have a choice) but to those most vulnerable.

Naming something can never tell us what it ‘is’, however verbose it might be and from whom it emanates.

There are too many explanations of physical structures which can never be adequately explained and too many ‘theories’ which can never be explained adequately but are held as ‘truths’ with menaces.

What was once called ‘science’ has been usurped by the alphabet entities purely for monetary and power of some sort.

The WPATH paper is a blueprint (in my view at least) for all the other ‘sciences’ that have been explored in this forum.

Be well.
panertos

Unread post by panertos »

sharpstuff wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:09 am
Initially I refer to my post on Psychiatry viz. to which I attached the following link to a lecture on ‘Psychiatry’ some may have seen and new readers of this forum may wish to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nd40Uy6tbQ
Excellent video and post.

I believe that psychiatry and psychology represent the modern, materialist reflection of what was once considered the realm of the soul. This perspective raises interesting questions about how we view ourselves (and how they view us). Are we merely complex biological machines, or is there a deeper spiritual dimension to our existence?

When we experience distress, they tell us that according to the DSM, it likely stems from a chemical imbalance in the brain, a disruption in dopamine levels that can be addressed through medication and systematic therapy to rebalance brain chemistry.

The soul is seen as a technical device, a car, a factory that can be fixed, in modern society. I think that's the essence.

This perspective overlooks the importance of virtue and vice, the addressing of sins, making amends with God, with others. Virtues like humility and sacrifice, and the importance of suffering.

I think many people are led astray and sucked into a road with no solution. When I read about the rise in euthanasia and assisted dying, a bleak picture emerges.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/j ... they-legal

I think many are sucked into this reductionist vision of our own lives. And if we are just chemicals, if we are just cars, what does it matter if we live or die?
sharpstuff

panertos wrote:

I believe that psychiatry and psychology represent the modern, materialist reflection of what was once considered the realm of the soul. This perspective raises interesting questions about how we view ourselves (and how they view us). Are we merely complex biological machines, or is there a deeper spiritual dimension to our existence?

To repeat your question: ‘Are we merely complex biological machines, or is there a deeper spiritual dimension to our existence?’ I find this very interesting and perceptive.

It brings up the notion of the various ‘religions’ which pervade all our different cultures, it seems. It relies on the notion that there is some ‘entity’ or ‘entities’ bound by the same parameters which humankind has taken as ‘given’ that there is a hierarchy of ‘spirit’ (which we cannot see but can only ‘feel’) which must be upheld for our continuous existence by those who deem to control us. This seems to take the form of the notion that we (as a whole) cannot explain our existence but must rely on something or someone else to answer the question, if indeed there is a question.

I beg to repeat a poem I wrote many years ago (which I have posted before):

TIME

Time saw them in a senseless world,
mindful children made into sages,
creeping through a history of ages.

Time saw them stop and listen,
to the sounds that filled the air;
It saw them struggle
against the earth that put them there.

Time saw them grow and nurture,
fighting all against One
and One against all,
where symbols won.

And Time saw them pass;
gone into the aeons of its ceaseless self,
where Life grew dusty on some hidden shelf.

I refer to the third verse, which I find relevant to your question. The word ‘symbols’ is very important (in my view). These symbols can (and do) take many forms especially like the cross and so forth as physical objects. It is as though many people always need such things to attract their minds, rather than what might otherwise be airy-fairy notions.

I am sure that all flora and fauna have ‘feelings’, however they appear or not appear to us or them. We know these are real because we react to them. We call these ‘spiritual’. They are part of the atmosphere that surrounds us. As human creatures, we name them. (gods, spirits etc.) Naming them helps because they are made concrete and not abstract to us. Thus named they become, in some way ‘real’ which make them graspable. They then become ‘religions’, ‘cults’ and so forth. Thus, they become ‘real’. Having become ‘real’ they can then become a tool of manipulation. Therein lies a problem for those not wishing to take part (and leaving the magic of fellow-feeling to bite the dust from which they came.)

Different groups devise different beliefs for their particular circumstances and reacting with other groups, conflicts appear.

Some form of ‘religion’ seems to be fundamental to explain what we are beyond our physical selves and appears to require a hierarchy to maintain itself much like ‘politics’.

Yes, there is a ‘spiritual’ quality to our lives but as all things human, it has been usurped by those who do not wish us well and threaten our very individual foundations.

My own belief is that religious or spiritual matters, like most, if not all others, has been usurped by the same deviant crowds that has usurped everything else in our lives.

Belief is a personal matter not to be eroded by others because of theirs.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

sharpstuff wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:36 pmBelief is a personal matter not to be eroded by others because of theirs.

Well, my dear sharpstuff, I guess that pretty much sums it all up.

And with the word "all" I mean every single effort we have selflessly produced on this forum over the years - spurred and motivated by our earnest, collective wish to sharpen (rather than erode) the ill-acquired beliefs of our fellow earthlings unwittingly subjected to the Nutwork's propaganda antics.

Some may sense a contradiction here: "hey, so why are you CF people trying to erode my acquired beliefs?" A good point I suppose, but one which I would courteously rebut as follows: no one has forced you to visit Cluesforum - nor much less to agree with all of its research material. It's all up to you to decide for yourselves what merits your attention - and what does not. In other words, take it or leave it.

This year we celebrate the 15th anniversary of Cluesforum and I, for one, am quite happy about how it has been going.

May reason prevail.
panertos

sharpstuff wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:36 pm Yes, there is a ‘spiritual’ quality to our lives but as all things human, it has been usurped by those who do not wish us well and threaten our very individual foundations.

My own belief is that religious or spiritual matters, like most, if not all others, has been usurped by the same deviant crowds that has usurped everything else in our lives.

Belief is a personal matter not to be eroded by others because of theirs.
Very interesting.

In my journey towards truth, I felt compelled to strip away many collective conceptions. After peeling back these layers, not much remained. The world seemed to be a hostile place where everyone was vying for power and self-interest.

However, this perception doesn't align with my personal experiences. Having traveled extensively around the world, I found that people are generally nice and kind, particularly in rural areas.

This observation led me to conclude that there is a 'spiritual' quality inherent to our lives.

Beyond the material realm, I observed that children possess something truly unique that never changes: a soul.

I've also learned that pain leads to deeper understanding; life is not merely a balance of pleasure and pain.

I chose to become a Catholic, which might seem counterintuitive to fostering a deeper personal understanding.

It's common for any group to develop an 'us versus them' mentality. Although I wouldn't vehemently defend the Catholic faith, I recognize and appreciate others' attempts to understand God. Some people, including certain priests, are incredibly profound behind the scenes.

Yesterday, I found myself discussing politics—a topic I usually avoid—and noticed how divisive it became when I disclosed my voting choice. While it doesn’t particularly concern me—it's merely a matter of how our money is spent—I believe it could be managed better and more sparingly.

Spiritually, I believe in the One God.

In worldly matters, there are many paths and countless dependencies, making it a subject I don't invest much concern in; outcomes can vary widely.

The realms of the soul, spirit, and God evoke a sense that they are beyond our full comprehension, yet it's essential to relate to them.

If we fail to connect with these spiritual aspects, everything becomes merely physical or material, leading to what I perceive as societal malaise, needing a physical / material solution called psychiatry.

Materialism lacks direction, and it seems humans cannot exist without purpose; we are always moving towards something.

We are unable to not believe it seems. To not pray.
sharpstuff

Spirituality - Wikipedia
Spirituality can be defined generally as an individual's search for ultimate or sacred meaning, and purpose in life. [15] Additionally it can mean to seek out or search for personal growth, religious experience, belief in a supernatural realm or afterlife, or to make sense of one's own "inner dimension".

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
Panertos wrote:

1, Having travelled extensively around the world, I found that people are generally nice and kind, particularly in rural areas.
I too, have travelled extensively, with two long stints (teaching in Australia) and trips to Europe, And yes, people generally are absolutely fine. It is only those with an ‘agenda’ that have a problem with themselves, who want to upset the apple-cart, as it were.
2, This observation led me to conclude that there is a 'spiritual' quality inherent to our lives.
I believe this to be true, of course. It is how we see this personally, whether we call it a ‘god’ or whatever. There are different planes to the universe but they are not separate from each other, they are rungs on a ladder. As I have said many times, everything is part of everything else. There are no ‘atoms’ in the physical or the spiritual world but a continuum that is inseparable, however it may not appear so.
3. Beyond the material realm, I observed that children possess something truly unique that never changes: a soul.
I believe that this ‘soul’ is part of that continuum and I don’t see it changing.

If we fail to connect with these spiritual aspects, everything becomes merely physical or material, leading to what I perceive as societal malaise, needing a physical / material solution called psychiatry.
I do not think that anyone loses their soul (fail to connect) but it may be subdued through a kind of bodily dysfunction of some kind which ‘psychiatry’ is designed to attempt to understand. What is significant is that ‘modern’ psychiatry is based on the writings of Sigmund Freud, not Adler or Carl Jung. It has been (like most subjects) usurped by those with a particular agenda that attempts to destroy this ‘soul’. It is an age old phenomena.

That is absolutely fine. I would never decry anyone wanting to believe in a god or gods, providing that it is left up to an individual to not have this view (without losing his ‘soul’!). I have never been ‘religious’ myself, because I think I am fine without the notion. I know I am a ‘good’ person as far as I can be. I also decry the fact that the hierarchy of churches is the same as political parties (which I abhor as such and have never voted in my 80 years on this planet).

Side-note: Is it possible for you to contact me through Simon (with his permission) with an e-mail?

Be well.
panertos

@sharpstuff

Very interesting you talk about atoms. I tend to agree as well. I discovered some time ago that we have never seen an atom, or even a molecule; we cannot photograph them. They are just (high quality) predictive models. In that sense, they are very much like the movement of planets, though we have photographs of that and can see it with our own eyes.

I also agree on the hierarchy of churches and how it mirrors the hierarchy in politics. Personal conception is essential, though we need others to mirror and learn from. The problem arises when psychiatry, politics, or religion become too organized. They become dumbed down, like the Catholic church, where many older people describe a time when church was just a set of chores, a habitual, non-engaged form of life.

While Mass and Rosary are not inherently bad, they become a perversion with obsessive focus. Maybe what I describe is a more general wisdom, which I don't see in politics, psychiatry, or the medical field; everything seems reduced to processes. I personally know a doctor who just follows processes: a 4-minute talk, diagnosis, meds, and referrals. It all misses the blood, the spirit, the soul. She hates it, but feels obliged to follow.

It seems especially in the 'west', people have accepted (under pressure) the denial of the soul in exchange for the benefits of the process, like higher production and more stuff. I agree Psychiatry seems to aim to destroy the soul, as seen with kids taking Amphetamines for ADHD or people taking anti-depressants later in life, I haven't seen good come out of it, even when they say they feel happier.

I believe schooling largely shapes conformity in a non-medical way. Critical thinking, anger, fear, and love seem to crucial to be redirected for stabile society and safety of the leadership.

I was speaking with a friend yesterday about the cardinal and theological virtues: Prudence, temperance, fortitude, justice, faith, hope, and charity. Prudence is often considered the 'mother' of all virtues; it involves wise decision-making and is closely linked with truth. A prudent person must seek the truth diligently, understand it clearly, and apply it correctly. Thus, truth is foundational to prudence because accurate knowledge of reality is necessary to make wise decisions. And if that is lacking, everything falls apart.

I feel my text is a bit unstructured, but that might also be as psychiatry is today where material meets the soul. And it's an uncanny marriage. A dark one.

I tried sending a private message, but it's in my outbox it seems.