Exchange with Lucy Fairney

Volunteer your time and efforts to show media fakery what-for! Conversations with suspicious types? Freedom of Information adventures? Post here!
hoi.polloi

Exchange with Lucy Fairney

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Although you say it doesn't seem to go anywhere, timothymurphy, I think your letter exchanges with the official story tellers should be considered fairly definitive investigations as far as investigations into 7/7 go. Feel free to post future email exchanges with these fellows in this 7/7 Investigations forum!

Here is one memorable one I pulled from the 7/7 topic in the Big Ones forum:
timothymurphy 4 Jun 9 2010, 02:03 AM wrote: It is challenging to explain that an incident has been faked by using actors. Here is my exchange with Lucy Fairney, actress Sally Phillips' agent at London's Peter Bennett-Jones Agency:

(I wasn't going to post this as it doesn't go anywhere. But I think it illustrates how hard it is to clearly explain how acting = faking. Ms. Fairney's ploy was to get me to try to define what I meant, using terms whose meanings are shifting beneath our feet.)

Sent: May 12, 2010 9:44:04 PM
To: [email protected]

Dear Miss Fairney,
Sally Phillips has been identified as an actor in the news footage of the 2005 London bombings.
There has been some discussion of this on internet forums.
Has Sally Phillips made a statement about these allegations?
Please let me know if she has a comment.
Thanks
Tim

Sent: May 13, 2010 8:42:00 AM
To: tim murphy

Hi Tim,

Could you clarify what you mean by "actor in news footage"?

Lucy Fairney

pbj
5 Soho Square
London
W1D 3QA
Tel: 020 7287 1112
Fax: 020 7287 1191
[email protected]
http://www.pbjmgt.co.uk/
?? Save a tree - please do not print this email unless you really need to.

Sent: May 13, 2010 10:44:44 AM

Ok:

As a professional actor, Phillips is an "actor" wherever she goes.
Had she been innocently caught on camera on 7/7 she might be "an actor in the news footage", the same way as someone else might be "a plumber in the news footage".
THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEAN.

Some scenes broadcast on 7 July 2005 were dishonestly passed off as news footage.
Actors were used to create these dramatic scenes.
Sally Phillips features very prominently.
Originally broadcast on Channel 4 and SKY news, her scenes have been re-broadcast and re-packaged many times.

No reply.

Ha! I love "Save a tree - please do not print this email unless you really need to."

Don't worry, City of London. We're just using forums. No paper trail of your crimes here! ;)

Timothymurphy, you wrote some stuff about double-speak:
How has my vocab for describing fakery been attacked?

"the Government staged 7/7"
(Rachel North on BBC conspiracy files, same phrase also used by other writer in Daily Mail article linked below)

For 7/7, all terminology to do with acting and theatre is creeping into the discussion from all angles - most literally with the mock terror drills and actors connected to Peter Power.
But in all other forms - drama, acting, stages, plays - It is being thrown into discussion of 7/7.

I think this is a valuable discussion of double-think. It also shows that their efforts will fail because people who are caught up in the official meanings are the only people who willingly follow their relabeling efforts into theater terminology. (Which, by the way, the military and MITRE corporation use regularly as part of their imperial lexicon. "Synthetic Theater Of War" and all that, "Vietnam Theater" for the slaughters in Vietnam, etc.)

People who aren't followers will hopefully, during these unstable periods in general history, lean more on their personal terminology and let the pundits and talking heads spin themselves into la-la land. Disconnect is disconnect and one way or another people will catch on when someone says "here's some food for you!" while physically taking it from them instead of giving it.

I also liked your other letter:

Appendix

Confusion ensuing when I complained to Channel 4 about Sally Phillips acting in the 7/7 news footage:

May 21 2010

Dear Mr Murphy,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding CHANNEL 4
NEWS.

We are sorry to hear that you feel actresses should not be used in this
reconstruction.

Please be assured your complaint has been logged and noted for the
information of those responsible for our programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all
feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards,

Ryan Thomas
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

After I asked for clarification they changed their minds and said it wasn't a "reconstruction"...
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

timothymurphy 4 Jun 9 2010, 12:10 PM wrote:
simonshack 4 Jun 9 2010, 10:11 AM wrote:
timothymurphy 4 Jun 9 2010, 02:03 AM wrote: After I asked for clarification they changed their minds and said it wasn't a "reconstruction"...
:o ....Uh....What did they say precisely?
They said:

Sent: May 24, 2010 10:50:38 AM
To: tim murphy

Dear Mr Murphy,
Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries. We would advise that the footage has been checked by our department head and the woman featured is not the actress Sally Phillips. This is actual footage from the day of the bombings. Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and foryour interest in our programming.

Regards,
Rachel Salinger
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

It's interesting that Ryan says it's a reconstruction.
But it could be explained as Ryan simply being confused and not knowing what he was talking about.
(He is a complaints guy rather than a proper TV guy, I suppose).

He could have been innocently confused :
My original complaint included a link to the video of the Sally Phillips clip being used within the "RIchard & Judy show" on Channel 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q4FH5ICCpk

The Sally Phillips clip is used as if it were a reconstruction.
- confusing both for viewers and for TV people too, evidently.

I had made absolutely no reference to "reconstructions" in my e mail to Ryan though.

This e mail to Amy Lawson, Publicity Manager at Channel 4 News has yet to be answered...

london bombings news footage?
Sent: May 28, 2010 1:45:03 AM

Dear Ms Lawson,

I wrote to channel 4 feedback, to ask for an explanation of the contrived 7 July 2005 news footage which features actress Sally Phillips playing the part of "distressed bystander / survivor".

I directed my corespondent's attention to the clip which was used on the Richard & Judy show when 7/7 survivor Rachel North was a guest: here at 0.35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q4FH5ICCpk
(this is just an example as the clip is widely used)

I received a reply from Ryan Thomas from Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries.
(KMM2806469I19660L0KM)

He wrote:
"We are sorry to hear that you feel actresses should not be used in this
reconstruction."

Admittedly, Ryan probably has alot of mail to deal with and could easily make an innocent mistake. However, his response is quite telling. The clip - purportedly genuine -looks like nothing but a reconstruction - It contains a recognisable television actress for goodness' sake!

Please could you provide an explanation for this.

Thanks

Tim

Keep us updated, this is great stuff!

And again, feel free to post your other email discussions in 7/7 investigations. I would definitely consider all these exchanges to be investigating what's going on. Wouldn't you? :)