The Thanksgiving Hoax

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
hoi.polloi

The Thanksgiving Hoax

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Over the course of this month, Americans will be exposed to a series of consumerist advertisements geared toward the selling of 'Thanksgiving' or 'Holiday' merchandise surrounding the famed day. However, the true history of Thanksgiving is much more grim and depressing than the feel-good fiction offered by Anglo-American history books.

Everyone knew all about the plague in colonial America. Even before the Mayflower sailed, King James of England gave thanks to "Almighty God in his great goodness and bounty towards us," for sending "this wonderful plague among the savages." Today it is no surprise that not one in a hundred of my college students has ever heard of the plague. Unless they read LIFE AND LIBERTY or PAST AND PRESENT, no student can come away from these books thinking of Indians as people who made an impact on North America, who lived here in considerable numbers, who settled, in short, and were then killed by disease or arms.
[...]
Throughout the nation, elementary school children still enact Thanksgiving every fall as our national origin myth, complete with Pilgrim hats made of construction paper and Indian braves with feathers in their hair. An early Massachusetts colonist, Colonel Thomas Aspinwall, advises us not to settle for this whitewash of feel - good - history.

http://www.trinicenter.com/historicalvi ... giving.htm

This is just one article of many written on the subject of the Thanksgiving Hoax. So the next time you are eating with your family, gathered for those nice and proper culture-building activities that you have, don't let someone interrupt that true and important celebration with lies about pilgrims and "injuns" eating together in peace every year. Explore the true nature of the myth.

Talk about how they would have starved if the generous Native Americans hadn't shown up with the methods of farming and food that spared the poor settlers. Talk about how the settlers ungratefully broke the feast with their fear of "savagery" and how war was shortly after waged upon the very people that saved their lives.

Help America begin the path to healing from a most disastrous and low start. We have a looooooong way to go and a lot of atonement to try to make. Let's at least try. It seems we have barely even made an effort yet and it's been hundreds of years. The hoaxes began a long time ago. And writing pathetic stories about visiting the moon, or evil knife-wielding beards that can hijack airplanes is not going to do any good.

As Americans, we have to start humbling ourselves to our disastrously shameful and ruinous past before we are ever going to find a foundation on which to build a functioning "Nation". (What "Nation" is American, anyway? Isn't "American" a fake nationality thrown together as membership of a terroristic gang that wanted to form a republic - and subsequently was taken over by larger gangs anyway?)

Here is an interesting tidbit about the Wampanoag people and the initial conflict. It is a good idea to make note that there are constantly white-people movements popping up and trying to represent tribes that they have no business representing. Perhaps dialogue starts by not putting words in other peoples' mouths at the onset.
This was a missed opportunity to begin a dialogue between the Wampanoags and the Pilgrims. Instead the `Day of Mourning’ began, and continues to this day
-http://www.pilgrimhall.org/daymourn.htm

Well, thanks for thinking about the difference between fictional Thanksgiving and real Thanksgiving.

Your fellow patriot, hp
sayiamu

Re: The Thanksgiving Hoax

Unread post by sayiamu »

Christmas is a hoax also ...

Nimrod's Birthday ....and Old Nick Satan breaking in ....
hoi.polloi

Bumping this. My own little "tradition" around this time frame is to let people know how Europe's nobodies really showed up on the North American continent.
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

I agree completely with you Hoi and appreciate the post. I've been to Plymouth Rock and Plantation and on the Mayflower Replica, part of the indoctrination for all kids who grew up in this area. All other views especially the truth are deprived of light and oxygen.
I will be seeing my respectable middle class family tomorrow, many of them with government funded jobs and pensions. They lack imagination and curiosity so they are perfect for jobs as public school teachers. There is not the slightest inclination towards examining current or historic events or questioning the substance of anything on tv ever, at least beyond the Fox vs CNN kind of nonsense.Not even the false history of Thanksgiving has any relevance for them, let alone the hidden truth.
I am glad when its all done and I am back home I will spend at least some part of Thanksgiving on this forum.
hoi.polloi

I gave thanks for this forum, too. And thank you, MrSinclair! I often really appreciate your perspective.
AmongTheThugs

Unread post by AmongTheThugs »

I'm thankful for this forum as well. :)
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

I am thankful for this forum, as well. No one ever offered me a blue pill, it was never on the table. And once the red pill is ingested it can be awfully lonely moving within the herd of future Milgram experiment subjects.

Jan Irving at Gnostic Media has some great research about the history of mushrooms and all the symbolic mushroom imagery promoted at Christmas time. It's a great resource to draw upon for party conversation this time of year. Certainly helps keep me merry!

Happy holidays, all!
MrSinclair

We've come from Pilgrim to Milgram, yikes!!! :wacko:
CTGal1011

Unread post by CTGal1011 »

Can't say I mind the presents and cookies. LOTS OF COOKIES.
hoi.polloi

I don't think anyone's complaining about presents. But did you read the post about the myth of Thanksgiving or just felt like adding a random comment?
SlimJim

Unread post by SlimJim »

Time spent with the family on Thanksgiving has been taken over by the big football game as the center of family activity.
No one is interacting with one another but are glued to the set like they're hypnotized.
Professional sports on television acts like an interference mechanism to family communication.
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

SlimJim wrote:Time spent with the family on Thanksgiving has been taken over by the big football game as the center of family activity.
No one is interacting with one another but are glued to the set like they're hypnotized.
Professional sports on television acts like an interference mechanism to family communication.
Let's not forget the close connection between sporting events and the military. From the national anthem to the jet flyovers, they all pay homage to the death machine.
hoi.polloi

Not to mention American football in particular, which is like the padded carpet of military offices meeting the jock rooms of the military in style and appearance. Lately combined with the latest boasting of simulation softwares - computer animated football players, LIVE flying news graphics, the fakest of fake commentators creating needless exegesis on the strengths and weaknesses of pawns.

Whenever the family gets involved in the worship of the rigged and pre-planned outcomes of the sports dramas (probably regulated in some part by the wealthy hoaxers behind 9/11 and so forth in order to keep themselves constantly in practice of social manipulation) I get the creepy feeling that there is a kind of warming up to the 'military machine' you mention.

Indeed, the whole thing feels a bit like 'let's play army' with the coaches as generals, the X and O strategies as war tactics, the sports gear a simile for war armor. Many sports do it, but few do it quite so blatantly and with as much surreality as the Super Bowl.

Add to that the celebration of consumerism and the godhead of the Economic Product in the form of our wasted creative power as a country poured into commercial advertising, and you've churned one giant cocktail of excitement for the joke of a 'vacation' the slaves have earned, which they use to go into more debt and buy the unsatisfying, useless, often environmentally-devastating results of the latest petrochemical mold around a gadget - also made by slave labor.

Ironically, a lot of the products are in mock honor of a truly creative story with a good message, completely flushed down the toilet by the way we 'honor' good stories and good messages with the blindest fervent consumerism for terrible products of a sick culture.

Sorry, the Western 'holidays' always put me in a particular ranty mode.
MrSinclair

All this talk of football reminded me of this great commentary by the stand-up philosopher George Carlin.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0
hoi.polloi

Touche. I can't beat the rantmaster. Funny stuff!