THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Postby Flabbergasted on August 22nd, 2018, 12:52 pm

Am I imagining things or is the officer on the left pressing a button on his staff?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3m2oOhi75M
Flabbergasted

Postby Mansur on August 22nd, 2018, 9:38 pm

Flabbergasted » August 22nd, 2018, 12:52 pm wrote:Am I imagining things or is the officer on the left pressing a button on his staff?
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3m2oOhi75M

Seems a double movement : unlock (up) and "fire" (down). As with the lighter. Quite a few commenters have noticed and remarked it btw (but only in the last 48 hours... Maybe such things will be noticed only after being certain about the fraud.)
Mansur

Postby hoi.polloi on August 23rd, 2018, 5:34 pm

I guess it comes down to this: if the war planners could be healed with love, great. But it seems they can't.
And, it also comes down to this: allowing war planners to go unpunished emboldens more war planners.

Anyway, I just want to speak directly to you for a moment Hoi to say I'm sorry for having suspected you.
Even if we disagree about what to do, we agree about the fact that war planners are humans' top problem.

Thanks, Observer. I am glad we can agree on something.

I don't think age has much to do with my pacifism. It's more like a change in myself that I'm experiencing.

There is a stark difference between people who don't want to be told what to think and people who have learning problems that come from emotional trauma that they foist on others through the anonymity of the Internet where they feel safe to do so because "text is not real".

Unfortunately, it seems are site is chock full of the latter. What a pity and a waste of Simon's and others' good work.

I should have recognized early on that we were traumatized based on brianv's language and the language I starting picking up and encouraged in Simon.

Once more, our site is not as much of a shit show as GodLikeProductions but I am not really content to rest on our laurels anymore wondering why we are worse than psychopaths at organizing people with fear.

They may be cheating by using fear and lying to people (instead of appealing to our unity) but what kind of anti-social personality does that make us for sucking so bad at reaching out to people?

We can continually blame "the other" for not understanding or unwillingness or something else, or we can make a conscious effort to learn interrelationship.

Sometimes it seems kham is right in trying to alert us to people talking about dealing with peoples' trauma; it is what we should be doing — not creating more of it or laughing at people for being traumatized or using language that stirs people up just for attention.

I am still thinking of how I can make a new web site that is a sort of "translation" of the content of CluesForum if you will, one which seeks to reach out to people instead of just congratulating each other on being disillusioned and hurt, but I'm not sure how. It's not clear if I'm going to find many collaborators here.

I will have to renounce some of the language I have used in the past to discuss these issues and while few at CluesForum may care, I am not sure that CluesForum is really my kind of audience any longer, based on the final direction it has taken. I could be wrong. I would like to — rather than burn — try to build bridges for a while. It doesn't mean inviting psychopaths to abuse people. But it does mean inviting traumatized people to do some kind of healing of themselves, I hope.

There is no reason to join a religion, start a cult, get a certificate or identify with any other authority just because the subject of healing comes up. Everyone does their own thing to work towards it if they are brave enough to choose to.

Sometimes it's easier to just be comforted by even a crowd of people all traumatized and angry in the same way, but it's not for me.

Much of our work, and Simon's TYCHOS, are incredible opportunities to build bridges with other survivors of the trauma we have experienced, and heal together. I sincerely hope that opportunity is used properly and no longer used to divide us.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby pov603 on August 23rd, 2018, 7:32 pm

Bye, bye, then...
pov603

Postby hoi.polloi on August 24th, 2018, 5:23 am

pov603 » August 23rd, 2018, 6:32 pm wrote:Bye, bye, then...

Thanks, bye bye for now. I hope everyone thinks I did an okay job helping to found the place and keeping derailments at bay. If not, well, I guess I'm less of a problem to worry about when I take a hiatus or find myself interested in other stuff.

I have also spent a great deal of 2018 — from the editing of the TYCHOS book through to the USA university discussions — on collaborating with Simon. Although the TYCHOS is a most fascinating and rewarding study, there is a heck of a lot going on these days that I am interested in! I am also interested in the new direction of The Clues Chronicle, where we expand a little from fakery to also include some of the discussion about the discussion ... or wherever it seems the show needs to go. I hope everyone is lucky enough to collaborate in projects that are as productive as our friendship is! Simon and kham have become real-life friends, not just collaborators. I am eager to meet patrix, too.

But anyway, you don't really need to know about IRL things. Have a most excellent continuation of your interests, as well. See you around!
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Flabbergasted on August 24th, 2018, 3:02 pm

hoi.polloi » August 24th, 2018, 1:23 am wrote:Thanks, bye bye for now.

Seriously!?

It´s kinda hard to picture CF without you, not just because of your manifold (and never-dwindling) contributions, but more critically because of how it impacts forum identity and balance (I am not trying to be ingratiating).
Flabbergasted

Postby patrix on August 25th, 2018, 7:28 am

Interesting article about the origins of vegetable oil and how it was promoted
https://idmprogram.com/the-shocking-ori ... l-garbage/
Excellent summary:
So how do we know which are healthy fats, and which are unhealthy fats? Unsurprisingly, natural fats, whether they come from animal (meat, dairy) or plant sources (olive, avocado, nut) are generally healthy. Highly processed, industrial seed oils tend to be unhealthy. Let’s face the facts – we ate vegetable oils because they were CHEAP, not because they were healthy.
patrix

Postby patrix on August 27th, 2018, 8:47 am

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is contempt prior to investigation. - Herbert Spencer

And this is essential when the Nutwork craft their lies. To question the suffering of the portrayed victims of 9/11 is seen as contemptuous.

Edit:
A site about physics and truth seeking I stumbled upon. Very interesting post about the infamous double slit experiment:
https://sciencevstruth.com/2013/12/08/e ... xperiment/
The author also writes about the Michelson-Morley experiment. I have contacted him about Simons Tychos and suggested that this may be the reason that experiment detected no significant motion through the Ether.
patrix

Re: THE "CHATBOX" - Fiction Science

Postby sharpstuff on September 1st, 2018, 11:26 am

CHATBOX

Fiction Science

I have been working hard on a topic which I call 'Fiction Science'. It may well be my last posting on Clues Forum, which in my view, is the most responsible forum it is possible to visit.
It is a long screed but encapsulates a great many of the subjects which I have been persuing for over sixty years and upon which I have written many, many articles and poems. I have never, in all those years been able to share my ideas with anyone face-to-face.
I suppose I am asking any digital comrades for their view on posting a long essay, the essence of which has taken me over fifty years to compile (one way or another). I an not craving indulgence.

It is said that if your work (as in 'study' or 'thesis' is over-long, then: " Go away and write a novel." I have done so.

Aside: I was 'relief-teaching' a group of students once and one of the pupils came to my desk and said that she had finished an assignment. I said: " Go away and write a novel." She replied that she was indeed. I asked her to show me, which she did and I read it, hoping to give her inspiration that some-one was willing to read it with fellow-feeling. Having been, myself, a writer since I was 12 years old, I was anxious that some-one else might be interested as no-one had ever read mine.

In defence of my long post, I append a joke I once heard. Please enjoy even this stilted version...

...Jean-Pierre, a brave French WW1 fighter pilot, takes his girlfriend, Marie, out for a pleasant little picnic by the River Seine. It's a beautiful day, and love is in the air. Marie leans over to Jean-Pierre and says: "Jean-Pierre, kiss me!"

Our hero grabs a bottle of Merlot wine and splashes it on Marie's lips. "What are you doing, Jean-Pierre?", says the startled Marie.

"I am Jean-Pierre the fighter pilot! When I have red meat, I have red wine!" She smiles and they start kissing. When things began to heat up a little, Marie says, "Jean-Pierre, kiss me lower."

Our hero tears her blouse open, grabs a bottle of Chardonnay and starts pouring it all over her breasts. "Jean-Pierre! What are you doing?", asks the bewildered Marie.

"I am Jean-Pierre the fighter pilot! When I have white meat, I have white wine!"

They resume their passionate interlude and things really steam up. Marie leans close to his ear and whispers, Pierre, kiss me lower!"

Our hero rips off her underwear, grabs a bottle of Cognac and pours it in her lap. He then strikes a match and lights it on fire. Marie shrieks and dives into the river. Standing waist deep in the water, Marie throws her arms upwards and screams furiously, "Jean-Pierre, WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

Our hero stands up defiantly and says, "I am Jean-Pierre the fighter pilot! If I go down, I go down in flames!"...

I hope my essay does not go the same way (in flames!)

Positive comments are welcome for the inclusion of my essay into Clues Forum, written, as always, in good faith,
Sharpstuff.
sharpstuff

Postby simonshack on September 1st, 2018, 1:41 pm

Dear Sharpstuff, I'm sitting in Copenhagen airport waiting for my connecting flight back home to Rome... Please go ahead and post your essay!
simonshack
Administrator

Postby patrix on September 1st, 2018, 2:49 pm

simonshack » September 1st, 2018, 1:41 pm wrote:Dear Sharpstuff, I'm sitting in Copenhagen airport waiting for my connecting flight back home to Rome... Please go ahead and post your essay!

Ah. Welcome back to the old world Simon :-) Maybe this is an interesting read if you haven't read it before :

Tycho Brahe's Copernican campaign
http://adsbit.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-i ... lassic=YES
patrix

Postby hoi.polloi on September 5th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Thank you for the kind words Flabbergasted. I appreciate your contributions to the research too. Since I may be super busy on other projects for a while, SacredCowSlayer has been afforded moderator privileges.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby simonshack on September 5th, 2018, 10:31 pm

hoi.polloi » September 5th, 2018, 6:35 pm wrote:Thank you for the kind words Flabbergasted. I appreciate your contributions to the research too. Since I may be super busy on other projects for a while, SacredCowSlayer has been afforded moderator privileges.

I warmly welcome SacredCowSlayer to help me moderate this forum. I have now also activated patrix, Kham, Flabbergasted, Gopi, ElSushi and Alef as moderators of Cluesforum (although they haven't asked for it). Please know, my dear friends, that nothing is required of you - as long as yours truly and Hoi are alive. Yet, if the two of us get struck by lightning (a very remote yet not impossible possibility), you and the other below-listed moderators will have the opportunity to manage this forum. In other words, I am happy to have you as moderators of Cluesforum - since I have met you personally, often in my own house, and have no reason to distrust you. Ok, so I haven't met SacredCowSlayer in person - but I've talked to him on various occasions over Skype (with video & audio) and consider him to be quite trustworthy.

So, here is the list of the currently-activated moderators of Cluesforum (apart from myself) :

- hoi.polloi (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- nonhocapito (a person that I have met personally - and has visited my own house)
- patrix (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- Kham (a person that I have met personally - and has visited my own house)
- Flabbergasted(a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- Gopi(a person that I have met personally - and has visited my own house)
- ElSushi(a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- Alef(a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- michiganj (a person that I have met personally in the USA)
- SacredCowSlayer (a person that I've not yet met personally - but have no reason to distrust )

Note that the fact that I have met the above-mentioned persons personally doesn't necessarily mean that I will consider them eternally trustworthy. Also, please know that I have invited to my house (over the years) a few persons which successively turned out to be what I would call "false friends". This world that we live in is truly complex - and we must always be aware of the existence of trolls and clowns who wish to infiltrate and disrupt the work of honest people like myself (I am a totally independent researcher with NO connection to ANYONE whatsoever: yup, you may call me the "fool on the hill").

In fact, I really don't know of anyone else (apart from yours truly) that has invited to their own house such a bunch of fellow truthseekers. Do you?
Mind you, the above list is incomplete - since some of those individuals that I invited to my house turned out to be government /military-paid trolls (which I still fetched at the airport when they arrived and spent many hours of my life to entertain... Duh!).

To those veteran Cluesforum members who might remember, here are three of those clowns which I have (fearlessly) hosted in my house (and on this forum) :

- "Dduck" (aka "Chino Mariano") - a Swedish military asset (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- "Surcouf" - a French military asset (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- "Steven Warran" - an American military asset (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)

The most incredible, recent development is that Hoi (yes, hoi polloi!) is now attacking my persona via private e-mails. The two of us just spent almost three months together roaming across the USA trying to diffuse (admittedly with a quite ridiculously meager budget) the TYCHOS model. As I see it, we had a great time, overall. Yet Hoi now seems to have a lot of issues with me. We live in a very, very strange world! This said, I'm still hopeful that Hoi will clarify his stance and views - since I consider him as the (extremely smart) little brother that I never had.
simonshack
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on September 6th, 2018, 6:13 am

Dearest bro, no personal attack was meant in my e-mail to you. At all. I was not trying to besmirch your character when I say that our manner is difficult and annoying to people. Deep down, we mean well. We do a good job of orienting ourselves to a moral life.

Does that mean we are perfect in our presentation? No.

This is about a subject coming up having to do with "impact vs. intent".

I can take a lesson from this too. My intent was to improve and encourage us, but my impact was accidentally hurting someone I love. I am sorry. I apologize to you. As in your case, too, sometimes impact is more important than intent. And no, this is not some creepy manipulation so I can post about this publicly. I wanted to keep this private and I'm happy if you want to just move this to the DERAILING ROOM or delete it altogether.

I was trying to point out to you how our presentations in the USA were received and how we could stand to be less amateur, less angry and less sadly desperate, and come across as more awesome and confident and generous. I am sending you personal correspondence on this so that we can work on it as a team. We are a team! In no way was anything I wrote meant to make you feel "defeated" or as though there were nothing constructive to do, or like we're "splitting up". No. I am really very sorry if any negative emotion was the most important thing you took away. I am really just trying to say we could really stand to greatly improve our performance in the "pro" presentation world. The world is shallow and judges us on stupid shit. Yes. I know.

But does that mean we should ignore that presentation? How we come across to others?

Yes, I am proud of our work. Of course! Have we also shown some arrogance and bad manners in person? Almost everyone (American) tells me so. Thankfully, michiganj was there to witness when those super rude people triggered you, but did we really deescalate very well? I think we could stand to be much better. For Europeans it may work fine. I really don't know.

You don't have to follow my advice and I will still love you as the brother you are to me. But do I think you should consider some private advice from me once in a while anyway, without flipping out on me and saying I'm betraying you? Yup.

:wub:
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Observer on September 6th, 2018, 7:24 am

simonshack wrote:
The most incredible, recent development is that Hoi (yes, hoi polloi!) is now attacking my persona via private e-mails. The two of us just spent almost three months together roaming across the USA trying to diffuse (admittedly with a quite ridiculously meager budget) the TYCHOS model. As I see it, we had a great time, overall. Yet Hoi now seems to have a lot of issues with me. We live in a very, very strange world! This said, I'm still hopeful that Hoi will clarify his stance and views - since I consider him as the (extremely smart) little brother that I never had.

Shit, this is probably my fault. BrianV's break was not my fault, but Hoi's break: is probably my fault.

I argued against Hoi's "listen to the war-initiators, don't see the killers as the 'supposed' enemy" advice,
(advice which even said: "we should stop trying to identify the 9/11 war-initiators" who killed millions)
but I went too far when I, without sufficient evidence, accused Hoi of being a long-con perp-protector.

Hoi (who probably is NOT a long-con perp-protector) probably felt sad that Simon didn't ban me for that.
Hoi (who definitely has helped Simon a LOT over the years) probably felt "Punish Observer, or else I quit."

It turns out Simon happens to be more towards "justice for war-initiators" than "love for war-initiators".

But that doesn't mean Hoi should quit. Look Hoi, I'm sorry I accused you of trying to protect the killers.
I understand, your current level of pacifism is, as you wrote, "a change in myself that I'm experiencing."

You wrote "It seems are(sic) site is full of people who have learning problems from emotional trauma,"
You also wrote, "Brianv's language, and Simon's language recently, shows me that we are traumatized."
"Many traumatized people at CluesForum foist trauma on others through the anonymity of the Internet."

Just as my disagreeing with "love for war-initiators" ideas should not lead to... claiming you're a mole,
your disagreeing with "justice for war-initiators" ideas should not lead to... claiming we're traumatized.

Probably we are healthy humans desiring justice, and you are a healthy human desiring healing for all.
Sadly, both such desires are just dreams, because we can neither kill the war-initiators nor heal them.

Back to the rude accusation which I made about you Hoi, I really am sorry, and since I believe in justice:
What punishment (or healing action) do you think is fair, for the slander which I committed against you?

If I agree to a one year ban, quietly reading but not posting, will you agree to continue posting here Hoi?
My posts are long, your posts are long, but your posts (and help) are vital to CluesForum, please stay Hoi.
Please continue moderating CluesForum and please continue sharing your pacifist non-traumatized ideas.

OK, I admit, I inserted a little joke there by saying "pacifist non-traumatized ideas", but actually it's true:
Hoi, your vibe is vitally needed at CluesForum for balance, so please do continue posting and moderating.
If for justice and healing you want to ban me for a year, I will accept your decision and just read quietly.

Although I disagree with your "it is wrong to want to bring justice to past proven killers" current stance,
still I agree with your "let's create future peace by successfully uniting the billions of non-killers" stance.

Actually, perhaps your tiff with Simon was less about me, but more about presentation & speaking style.
When countering lies & wars, some folks are calm, some folks are passionate. We need both. Please stay. :)
Observer

PreviousNext

Return to THE LIVING ROOM