THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Postby Flabbergasted on September 6th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Observer » September 6th, 2018, 3:24 am wrote:...Hoi's break: is probably my fault.

I think you are taking too much responsibility for hoi´s decision to spend time away from CF. I am sure the causes of that decision are more complex and personal and lie further back than your recent questioning of his intentions. At most, you may have provided the proverbial last drop that makes the cup run over, but cups don´t get filled overnight. And hoi's cup is not a small one.

Also, people don´t get banned from CF like that, at the first challenge or accusation.

Contrary to what some have claimed, Simon and hoi have always been very tolerant of adversity, platform-seeking, immaturity and aggressiveness. Fact is, there is something valuable to learn from all these exchanges, even from the infiltration of professional disruptors (this is not a reference to you, Observer; I read your posts with interest).

Confrontations are "negative" per definition, but they draw attention to weaknesses and neglected aspects in need of clarification and intellectual development and so, in the end, concur to strengthen honest research.
Flabbergasted

Postby hoi.polloi on September 6th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Art (uncredited, sorry) that I recently saw at the Minnesota State Fair:

ezgif-1-d0c75328b9.gif

Seems pretty true to me. Observer, it's not really about you. Thanks for your concern, though.

Developing powerful language together is incentive for us to maturely deal with conflicts with those we care about. Our forum has worked pretty good for arguing against deception projects that divide us and make us mistrust one another.

But it is useless at best if mistaken as a training ground for real life interpersonal relation, keeping patience and showing generous spirit towards those we have differences with. That only comes from personal development. I don't care as much about trying to publicly prove that I am an example that humans are smart, right now. I would like to concentrate a bit more on interrelating with others — a different kind of project I have perhaps been too neglectful of.

There I go with some imperfect English again. Oh, well! I am sure we can all relate to that.

A new kind of The Clues Chronicle is in the works. I hope it's enjoyable!
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby SacredCowSlayer on September 6th, 2018, 5:20 pm

hoi.polloi » September 6th, 2018, 9:46 am wrote:Art (uncredited, sorry) that I recently saw at the Minnesota State Fair:

ezgif-1-d0c75328b9.gif

Seems pretty true to me. Observer, it's not really about you. Thanks for your concern, though.

Developing powerful language together is incentive for us to maturely deal with conflicts with those we care about. Our forum has worked pretty good for arguing against deception projects that divide us and make us mistrust one another.

But it is useless at best if mistaken as a training ground for real life interpersonal relation, keeping patience and showing generous spirit towards those we have differences with. That only comes from personal development. I don't care as much about trying to publicly prove that I am an example that humans are smart, right now. I would like to concentrate a bit more on interrelating with others — a different kind of project I have perhaps been too neglectful of.

There I go with some imperfect English again. Oh, well! I am sure we can all relate to that.

A new kind of The Clues Chronicle is in the works. I hope it's enjoyable!

Dear Hoi,

That is a thought provoking artistic expression of a concept that may or may not be readily obvious to our readers.

The “take-away” here for me is that any collaborative effort will constantly require me to maintain responsibility for my actions and words. The idea is to “work together” without creating unnecessary or detrimental conflict.

Now that is incredibly easy to put down in a single sentence. In practice it of course becomes dynamic and complex. Sort of like playing water polo on a beach with waves crashing down, and an undertow trying to pull one’s feat from underneath him.

And those are merely the forces that have no agenda. I would liken them to how good faith collaborators (existing in the context of ordinary life stressers) still have to see to it that the “working together” part does not unintentionally become “working against each other.”

Now add in the unexpected (but not entirely unforeseeable) shark or scuba diver with a harpoon gun that may or may not intend to shoot you straight in the ass in the middle of the game.

For me this is how life often feels. And I give a tremendous amount of credit to my amazing wife who has taught me that I’m not the only one getting hit with the waves or being dragged out to sea by the undertow. As for the sharks and other predators, we are united against them for our survival, and on rare occasions for a victory and subsequent feast.

In our journey of just over two decades now, I have learned from her that we work together incredibly well and effectively when we allow each other the grace to be human. There have been seasons where one of us (usually me) does more taking than giving in the relationship. But eventually the other will serve, and things balance back out the way they should. This give and take dynamic, coupled with a buffer zone to allow for imperfection, is relational gold.

Another thing she has taught me (that only took fifteen years or so) is to talk with her instead of at her. This principle is one that serves well in any relationship worth having, and I would encourage such a discourse for anyone who wishes to nourish the relationships in their lives.

In any event, it is my position that the researchers here at CF (who operate in good faith) should be afforded the occasional “flub” or an “off-day.” I’m well aware that it is not entirely altruistic of me when I go out of my way to generously afford “mulligans” to the people in my life I hold dear. For I often am in need of a great deal of them myself.

Perhaps my own experiences and observations shared in the course of life will be useful to others, and it is in that spirit of “working together” that I would urge this kind and thoughtful forum to forge ahead. :)
SacredCowSlayer

Postby simonshack on September 6th, 2018, 11:17 pm

SacredCowSlayer » September 6th, 2018, 4:20 pm wrote:
Perhaps my own experiences and observations shared in the course of life will be useful to others, and it is in that spirit of “working together” that I would urge this kind and thoughtful forum to forge ahead. :)

Lovely words, dear SCS - well said. Yes, let's forge ahead together - no matter what natural "international differences" may hamper our common understanding of this world that we live in. Again, welcome "on board" , dear SCS. This forum can certainly use righteous & virtuous lawyers such as yourself! :)

Togetherness might not, after all, be a fantasy. We all just need to grow up a little - and grow our balls to combat the arrogant clowns of this world.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0CVoFsUhC4

I was incredibly lucky to see Earth Wind & Fire LIVE at the Minnesota State Fair of 2018... Wow - what a wondrous band.
And Philip Bailey (now age 67) sings better than ever ! Amazing guy !!! :o

Every man has a place
In his heart there's a space
And the world can't erase his fantasies
Take a ride in the sky
On our ship, fantasize
All your dreams will come true right away

And we will live together
Until the twelfth of never
Our voices will ring forever, as one

Every thought is a dream
Rushing by in a stream
Bringing life to the kingdom of doing
Take a ride in the sky
On our ship, fantasize
All your dreams will come true miles away

Our voices will ring together
Until the twelfth of never
We all will live love forever, as one

Come to see victory
In a land called fantasy
Loving life, a new degree
Bring your mind to everlasting liberty

As one, come to see victory
In a land called fantasy
Loving life for you and me
To behold, to your soul is ecstasy

You will find other kind
That has been in search of you
Many lives has brought you to
Recognize, it's your life now in review

And as you stay for the play
Fantasy has in store for you
A glowing light will see you through
It's your day, shining day
All your dreams come true

As you glide in your stride
With the wind as you fly away
Give a smile from your lips and say
I'm free, yes I'm free, now I'm on my way

Come to see victory
In a land called fantasy
Loving life for you and me
To behold, to your soul is ecstasy

You will find other kind
That has been in search of you
Many lives has brought you to
Recognize, it's your life now in review

Check this out - Philip Bailey ending this song many, many years later: https://youtu.be/xv4fKjTGO_Q?t=306
This makes me think that we might, after all, live forever !!!
simonshack
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on September 7th, 2018, 1:07 am

Yes, I am glad we now have at least one member with truly righteous and virtuous people skills: congratulations, SacredCowSlayer! You've been recruited. Thank you so much for offering your time and efforts.

I am working on trying to get "Moderator" displayed under moderator names. I will let y'all know if I get it to work.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on September 7th, 2018, 1:37 am

Got it. It's under Users and Groups: Manage users: User administration (select Groups from the righthand drop down) : Pre-defined groups user is a member of: [Global moderators] Make group default for member

We had added permissions without putting you in the group.

Enjoy! My only recommendation about slop is to try to resist correcting spelling within posts and instead request that users improve their own skills. ^_^

TTFN
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby nonhocapito on September 8th, 2018, 8:37 pm

1536425113705.jpg
nonhocapito
Administrator

Postby pov603 on September 10th, 2018, 6:15 pm

nonhocapito » 08 Sep 2018, 21:37 wrote:1536425113705.jpg

My initial reaction was to laugh... :lol: but in retrospect... :o
Very good point though.
pov603

Postby nonhocapito on September 11th, 2018, 9:57 am

Trump at Ground zero. Or is that a green screen studio?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ZfXOil1pk

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoYXihwcp8c

"Never forget"; "Everything has changed"; "Silverstein"; "How can a plane go through the steel? Bombs must have exploded simultaneously"; "A lot of major firms occupied the floors, and they are gone".

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcKlPhFIE7w

Happy 17th anniversary...
nonhocapito
Administrator

Postby Flabbergasted on September 12th, 2018, 12:31 am

My favorite Wallingford sign...

Flabbergasted

Postby Observer on September 21st, 2018, 6:56 am

Just a quick living-room chatbox rant.

The official stories are almost always absolutely false, because the official stories are originally thought up by the wealthiest 1% who profit from the poorest 99% believing those lies.

Then, after the official bullshit stories are disseminated through official indoctrination and fossilized into the minds of rote-memorization regurgitation idiots (and liars), then these idiots (and liars) say, "You're making extraordinary claims, so you non-believers like the CluesForum folks need to provide extraordinary proof that the official stories are false. The onus is on YOU, all you weirdos who refuse to accept the official stories. YOU weirdos need to prove that astronauts didn't go to the moon. YOU weirdos need to prove that astronauts aren't floating around in the ISS. YOU weirdos need to prove that the one-bomb-to-destroy-an-entire-city Nuclear Bomb doesn't exist. YOU weirdos need to prove that nobody died on 9/11. YOU weirdos need to prove that nobody died in the subsequent terror-attacks."

Nope, it's the other way around. The official story creators and disseminators and reguritators are the ones who are making the extraordinary claims. Extraordinary claims such as: "humans played on the moon in 1960s/1970s, humans are currently floating in the ISS 400km above Earth now, one-bomb destroyed Hiroshima and one-bomb destroyed Nagasaki, steel skyscrapers exploded while turning to dust due to being hit by planes on 9/11 which killed 3000 victims, and hundreds of victims were killed in subsequent terror attacks" etc.

The official story maintainers are the ones who are making extraordinary claims, so it is the official story maintainers who must provide extraordinary evidence.

In the case of the space hoax (moon-playing images, and ISS-playing images, all busted by solid logical imagery analysis by SimonShack [and by many other good folks at CluesForum]), their official imagery "evidence" has been proven forged CGI bullshit, and anyone in 2018 who is still claiming the moon and ISS "footage" is authentic is: an idiot or a liar (or an idiotic liar.)

In the case of the 9/11 hoax (planes-images, "victims"-images, and WTC destruction-images, again all busted by solid logical imagery analysis by SimonShack in his SeptemberClues documentary [and by many other good folks at CluesForum]), their official imagery "evidence" has been proven forged CGI bullshit, and anyone in 2018 who is still claiming the 9/11 "footage" is authentic is: an idiot or a liar (or an idiotic liar.)

And the same thing goes with all the official claims. We non-believers are not the ones who need to prove anything. It is the official story maintainers who need to provide sufficient authentic non-forged proof of their official claims, and they have not been able to do so.

And as it happens, even though the onus to provide evidence is on the official story creators and regurgitators, we non-believers here at CluesForum still have altruistically expended the energy to have conclusively proven that the official evidence was forged and not authentic.

Anyway, once again, the point of this rant is, when idiots and liars demand that WE non-believers must provide extraordinary evidence, remember this fact:

The official story maintainers are the ones who are making extraordinary claims, so it is the official story maintainers who must provide extraordinary evidence.

And when the official imagery "evidence" contains even the slightest amount of forgery, their imagery is thus proven non-authentic, and thus their official stories are proven false and non-believable.

/rant
Observer

Postby SacredCowSlayer on September 22nd, 2018, 12:00 am

Observer » September 21st, 2018, 12:56 am wrote:
. . .

Nope, it's the other way around. The official story creators and disseminators and reguritators are the ones who are making the extraordinary claims. Extraordinary claims such as: "humans played on the moon in 1960s/1970s, humans are currently floating in the ISS 400km above Earth now, one-bomb destroyed Hiroshima and one-bomb destroyed Nagasaki, steel skyscrapers exploded while turning to dust due to being hit by planes on 9/11 which killed 3000 victims, and hundreds of victims were killed in subsequent terror attacks" etc. . . .

And the same thing goes with all the official claims. We non-believers are not the ones who need to prove anything. It is the official story maintainers who need to provide sufficient authentic non-forged proof of their official claims, and they have not been able to do so.

Dear Observer,

Well done in making a point that bears repeating. The psychopaths quickly attempt to place the burden on others to prove a negative, which is almost impossible.

It is indeed THEIR burden to prove the fantastical claims they make. We should always be ready to remind them of that fact.

SCS
SacredCowSlayer

Previous

Return to THE LIVING ROOM