THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
simonshack
Administrator

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear Sharpstuff, I'm sitting in Copenhagen airport waiting for my connecting flight back home to Rome... Please go ahead and post your essay!
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

simonshack » September 1st, 2018, 1:41 pm wrote:Dear Sharpstuff, I'm sitting in Copenhagen airport waiting for my connecting flight back home to Rome... Please go ahead and post your essay!
Ah. Welcome back to the old world Simon :-) Maybe this is an interesting read if you haven't read it before :

Tycho Brahe's Copernican campaign
http://adsbit.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-i ... lassic=YES
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Thank you for the kind words Flabbergasted. I appreciate your contributions to the research too. Since I may be super busy on other projects for a while, SacredCowSlayer has been afforded moderator privileges.
simonshack
Administrator

hoi.polloi » September 5th, 2018, 6:35 pm wrote:Thank you for the kind words Flabbergasted. I appreciate your contributions to the research too. Since I may be super busy on other projects for a while, SacredCowSlayer has been afforded moderator privileges.
I warmly welcome SacredCowSlayer to help me moderate this forum. I have now also activated patrix, Kham, Flabbergasted, Gopi, ElSushi and Alef as moderators of Cluesforum (although they haven't asked for it). Please know, my dear friends, that nothing is required of you - as long as yours truly and Hoi are alive. Yet, if the two of us get struck by lightning (a very remote yet not impossible possibility), you and the other below-listed moderators will have the opportunity to manage this forum. In other words, I am happy to have you as moderators of Cluesforum - since I have met you personally, often in my own house, and have no reason to distrust you. Ok, so I haven't met SacredCowSlayer in person - but I've talked to him on various occasions over Skype (with video & audio) and consider him to be quite trustworthy.

So, here is the list of the currently-activated moderators of Cluesforum (apart from myself) :

- hoi.polloi (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- nonhocapito (a person that I have met personally - and has visited my own house)
- patrix (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- Kham (a person that I have met personally - and has visited my own house)
- Flabbergasted(a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- Gopi(a person that I have met personally - and has visited my own house)
- ElSushi(a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- Alef(a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- michiganj (a person that I have met personally in the USA)
- SacredCowSlayer (a person that I've not yet met personally - but have no reason to distrust )

Note that the fact that I have met the above-mentioned persons personally doesn't necessarily mean that I will consider them eternally trustworthy. Also, please know that I have invited to my house (over the years) a few persons which successively turned out to be what I would call "false friends". This world that we live in is truly complex - and we must always be aware of the existence of trolls and clowns who wish to infiltrate and disrupt the work of honest people like myself (I am a totally independent researcher with NO connection to ANYONE whatsoever: yup, you may call me the "fool on the hill").

In fact, I really don't know of anyone else (apart from yours truly) that has invited to their own house such a bunch of fellow truthseekers. Do you?
Mind you, the above list is incomplete - since some of those individuals that I invited to my house turned out to be government /military-paid trolls (which I still fetched at the airport when they arrived and spent many hours of my life to entertain... Duh!).

To those veteran Cluesforum members who might remember, here are three of those clowns which I have (fearlessly) hosted in my house (and on this forum) :

- "Dduck" (aka "Chino Mariano") - a Swedish military asset (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- "Surcouf" - a French military asset (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)
- "Steven Warran" - an American military asset (a person that I have met personally - and has slept in my own house)

The most incredible, recent development is that Hoi (yes, hoi polloi!) is now attacking my persona via private e-mails. The two of us just spent almost three months together roaming across the USA trying to diffuse (admittedly with a quite ridiculously meager budget) the TYCHOS model. As I see it, we had a great time, overall. Yet Hoi now seems to have a lot of issues with me. We live in a very, very strange world! This said, I'm still hopeful that Hoi will clarify his stance and views - since I consider him as the (extremely smart) little brother that I never had.
hoi.polloi

Dearest bro, no personal attack was meant in my e-mail to you. At all. I was not trying to besmirch your character when I say that our manner is difficult and annoying to people. Deep down, we mean well. We do a good job of orienting ourselves to a moral life.

Does that mean we are perfect in our presentation? No.

This is about a subject coming up having to do with "impact vs. intent".

I can take a lesson from this too. My intent was to improve and encourage us, but my impact was accidentally hurting someone I love. I am sorry. I apologize to you. As in your case, too, sometimes impact is more important than intent. And no, this is not some creepy manipulation so I can post about this publicly. I wanted to keep this private and I'm happy if you want to just move this to the DERAILING ROOM or delete it altogether.

I was trying to point out to you how our presentations in the USA were received and how we could stand to be less amateur, less angry and less sadly desperate, and come across as more awesome and confident and generous. I am sending you personal correspondence on this so that we can work on it as a team. We are a team! In no way was anything I wrote meant to make you feel "defeated" or as though there were nothing constructive to do, or like we're "splitting up". No. I am really very sorry if any negative emotion was the most important thing you took away. I am really just trying to say we could really stand to greatly improve our performance in the "pro" presentation world. The world is shallow and judges us on stupid shit. Yes. I know.

But does that mean we should ignore that presentation? How we come across to others?

Yes, I am proud of our work. Of course! Have we also shown some arrogance and bad manners in person? Almost everyone (American) tells me so. Thankfully, michiganj was there to witness when those super rude people triggered you, but did we really deescalate very well? I think we could stand to be much better. For Europeans it may work fine. I really don't know.

You don't have to follow my advice and I will still love you as the brother you are to me. But do I think you should consider some private advice from me once in a while anyway, without flipping out on me and saying I'm betraying you? Yup.

:wub:
Observer
Banned

Unread post by Observer »

simonshack wrote:
The most incredible, recent development is that Hoi (yes, hoi polloi!) is now attacking my persona via private e-mails. The two of us just spent almost three months together roaming across the USA trying to diffuse (admittedly with a quite ridiculously meager budget) the TYCHOS model. As I see it, we had a great time, overall. Yet Hoi now seems to have a lot of issues with me. We live in a very, very strange world! This said, I'm still hopeful that Hoi will clarify his stance and views - since I consider him as the (extremely smart) little brother that I never had.
Shit, this is probably my fault. BrianV's break was not my fault, but Hoi's break: is probably my fault.

I argued against Hoi's "listen to the war-initiators, don't see the killers as the 'supposed' enemy" advice,
(advice which even said: "we should stop trying to identify the 9/11 war-initiators" who killed millions)
but I went too far when I, without sufficient evidence, accused Hoi of being a long-con perp-protector.

Hoi (who probably is NOT a long-con perp-protector) probably felt sad that Simon didn't ban me for that.
Hoi (who definitely has helped Simon a LOT over the years) probably felt "Punish Observer, or else I quit."

It turns out Simon happens to be more towards "justice for war-initiators" than "love for war-initiators".

But that doesn't mean Hoi should quit. Look Hoi, I'm sorry I accused you of trying to protect the killers.
I understand, your current level of pacifism is, as you wrote, "a change in myself that I'm experiencing."

You wrote "It seems are(sic) site is full of people who have learning problems from emotional trauma,"
You also wrote, "Brianv's language, and Simon's language recently, shows me that we are traumatized."
"Many traumatized people at CluesForum foist trauma on others through the anonymity of the Internet."

Just as my disagreeing with "love for war-initiators" ideas should not lead to... claiming you're a mole,
your disagreeing with "justice for war-initiators" ideas should not lead to... claiming we're traumatized.

Probably we are healthy humans desiring justice, and you are a healthy human desiring healing for all.
Sadly, both such desires are just dreams, because we can neither kill the war-initiators nor heal them.

Back to the rude accusation which I made about you Hoi, I really am sorry, and since I believe in justice:
What punishment (or healing action) do you think is fair, for the slander which I committed against you?

If I agree to a one year ban, quietly reading but not posting, will you agree to continue posting here Hoi?
My posts are long, your posts are long, but your posts (and help) are vital to CluesForum, please stay Hoi.
Please continue moderating CluesForum and please continue sharing your pacifist non-traumatized ideas.

OK, I admit, I inserted a little joke there by saying "pacifist non-traumatized ideas", but actually it's true:
Hoi, your vibe is vitally needed at CluesForum for balance, so please do continue posting and moderating.
If for justice and healing you want to ban me for a year, I will accept your decision and just read quietly.

Although I disagree with your "it is wrong to want to bring justice to past proven killers" current stance,
still I agree with your "let's create future peace by successfully uniting the billions of non-killers" stance.

Actually, perhaps your tiff with Simon was less about me, but more about presentation & speaking style.
When countering lies & wars, some folks are calm, some folks are passionate. We need both. Please stay. :)
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Observer » September 6th, 2018, 3:24 am wrote:...Hoi's break: is probably my fault.
I think you are taking too much responsibility for hoi´s decision to spend time away from CF. I am sure the causes of that decision are more complex and personal and lie further back than your recent questioning of his intentions. At most, you may have provided the proverbial last drop that makes the cup run over, but cups don´t get filled overnight. And hoi's cup is not a small one.

Also, people don´t get banned from CF like that, at the first challenge or accusation.

Contrary to what some have claimed, Simon and hoi have always been very tolerant of adversity, platform-seeking, immaturity and aggressiveness. Fact is, there is something valuable to learn from all these exchanges, even from the infiltration of professional disruptors (this is not a reference to you, Observer; I read your posts with interest).

Confrontations are "negative" per definition, but they draw attention to weaknesses and neglected aspects in need of clarification and intellectual development and so, in the end, concur to strengthen honest research.
hoi.polloi

Art (uncredited, sorry) that I recently saw at the Minnesota State Fair:
ezgif-1-d0c75328b9.gif
ezgif-1-d0c75328b9.gif (2.85 MiB) Viewed 4396 times
Seems pretty true to me. Observer, it's not really about you. Thanks for your concern, though.

Developing powerful language together is incentive for us to maturely deal with conflicts with those we care about. Our forum has worked pretty good for arguing against deception projects that divide us and make us mistrust one another.

But it is useless at best if mistaken as a training ground for real life interpersonal relation, keeping patience and showing generous spirit towards those we have differences with. That only comes from personal development. I don't care as much about trying to publicly prove that I am an example that humans are smart, right now. I would like to concentrate a bit more on interrelating with others — a different kind of project I have perhaps been too neglectful of.

There I go with some imperfect English again. Oh, well! I am sure we can all relate to that.

A new kind of The Clues Chronicle is in the works. I hope it's enjoyable!
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

hoi.polloi » September 6th, 2018, 9:46 am wrote:Art (uncredited, sorry) that I recently saw at the Minnesota State Fair:
ezgif-1-d0c75328b9.gif
Seems pretty true to me. Observer, it's not really about you. Thanks for your concern, though.

Developing powerful language together is incentive for us to maturely deal with conflicts with those we care about. Our forum has worked pretty good for arguing against deception projects that divide us and make us mistrust one another.

But it is useless at best if mistaken as a training ground for real life interpersonal relation, keeping patience and showing generous spirit towards those we have differences with. That only comes from personal development. I don't care as much about trying to publicly prove that I am an example that humans are smart, right now. I would like to concentrate a bit more on interrelating with others — a different kind of project I have perhaps been too neglectful of.

There I go with some imperfect English again. Oh, well! I am sure we can all relate to that.

A new kind of The Clues Chronicle is in the works. I hope it's enjoyable!
Dear Hoi,

That is a thought provoking artistic expression of a concept that may or may not be readily obvious to our readers.

The “take-away” here for me is that any collaborative effort will constantly require me to maintain responsibility for my actions and words. The idea is to “work together” without creating unnecessary or detrimental conflict.

Now that is incredibly easy to put down in a single sentence. In practice it of course becomes dynamic and complex. Sort of like playing water polo on a beach with waves crashing down, and an undertow trying to pull one’s feat from underneath him.

And those are merely the forces that have no agenda. I would liken them to how good faith collaborators (existing in the context of ordinary life stressers) still have to see to it that the “working together” part does not unintentionally become “working against each other.”

Now add in the unexpected (but not entirely unforeseeable) shark or scuba diver with a harpoon gun that may or may not intend to shoot you straight in the ass in the middle of the game.

For me this is how life often feels. And I give a tremendous amount of credit to my amazing wife who has taught me that I’m not the only one getting hit with the waves or being dragged out to sea by the undertow. As for the sharks and other predators, we are united against them for our survival, and on rare occasions for a victory and subsequent feast.

In our journey of just over two decades now, I have learned from her that we work together incredibly well and effectively when we allow each other the grace to be human. There have been seasons where one of us (usually me) does more taking than giving in the relationship. But eventually the other will serve, and things balance back out the way they should. This give and take dynamic, coupled with a buffer zone to allow for imperfection, is relational gold.

Another thing she has taught me (that only took fifteen years or so) is to talk with her instead of at her. This principle is one that serves well in any relationship worth having, and I would encourage such a discourse for anyone who wishes to nourish the relationships in their lives.

In any event, it is my position that the researchers here at CF (who operate in good faith) should be afforded the occasional “flub” or an “off-day.” I’m well aware that it is not entirely altruistic of me when I go out of my way to generously afford “mulligans” to the people in my life I hold dear. For I often am in need of a great deal of them myself.

Perhaps my own experiences and observations shared in the course of life will be useful to others, and it is in that spirit of “working together” that I would urge this kind and thoughtful forum to forge ahead. :)
simonshack
Administrator

SacredCowSlayer » September 6th, 2018, 4:20 pm wrote:
Perhaps my own experiences and observations shared in the course of life will be useful to others, and it is in that spirit of “working together” that I would urge this kind and thoughtful forum to forge ahead. :)
Lovely words, dear SCS - well said. Yes, let's forge ahead together - no matter what natural "international differences" may hamper our common understanding of this world that we live in. Again, welcome "on board" , dear SCS. This forum can certainly use righteous & virtuous lawyers such as yourself! :)

Togetherness might not, after all, be a fantasy. We all just need to grow up a little - and grow our balls to combat the arrogant clowns of this world.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0CVoFsUhC4

I was incredibly lucky to see Earth Wind & Fire LIVE at the Minnesota State Fair of 2018... Wow - what a wondrous band.
And Philip Bailey (now age 67) sings better than ever ! Amazing guy !!! :o

Every man has a place
In his heart there's a space
And the world can't erase his fantasies
Take a ride in the sky
On our ship, fantasize
All your dreams will come true right away

And we will live together
Until the twelfth of never
Our voices will ring forever, as one

Every thought is a dream
Rushing by in a stream
Bringing life to the kingdom of doing
Take a ride in the sky
On our ship, fantasize
All your dreams will come true miles away

Our voices will ring together
Until the twelfth of never
We all will live love forever, as one

Come to see victory
In a land called fantasy
Loving life, a new degree
Bring your mind to everlasting liberty

As one, come to see victory
In a land called fantasy
Loving life for you and me
To behold, to your soul is ecstasy

You will find other kind
That has been in search of you
Many lives has brought you to
Recognize, it's your life now in review

And as you stay for the play
Fantasy has in store for you
A glowing light will see you through
It's your day, shining day
All your dreams come true

As you glide in your stride
With the wind as you fly away
Give a smile from your lips and say
I'm free, yes I'm free, now I'm on my way

Come to see victory
In a land called fantasy
Loving life for you and me
To behold, to your soul is ecstasy

You will find other kind
That has been in search of you
Many lives has brought you to
Recognize, it's your life now in review

Check this out - Philip Bailey ending this song many, many years later: https://youtu.be/xv4fKjTGO_Q?t=306
This makes me think that we might, after all, live forever !!!
hoi.polloi

Yes, I am glad we now have at least one member with truly righteous and virtuous people skills: congratulations, SacredCowSlayer! You've been recruited. Thank you so much for offering your time and efforts.

I am working on trying to get "Moderator" displayed under moderator names. I will let y'all know if I get it to work.
hoi.polloi

Got it. It's under Users and Groups: Manage users: User administration (select Groups from the righthand drop down) : Pre-defined groups user is a member of: [Global moderators] Make group default for member

We had added permissions without putting you in the group.

Enjoy! My only recommendation about slop is to try to resist correcting spelling within posts and instead request that users improve their own skills. ^_^

TTFN
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

1536425113705.jpg
1536425113705.jpg (51.24 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

nonhocapito » 08 Sep 2018, 21:37 wrote:
1536425113705.jpg
My initial reaction was to laugh... :lol: but in retrospect... :o
Very good point though.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Trump at Ground zero. Or is that a green screen studio?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ZfXOil1pk

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoYXihwcp8c

"Never forget"; "Everything has changed"; "Silverstein"; "How can a plane go through the steel? Bombs must have exploded simultaneously"; "A lot of major firms occupied the floors, and they are gone".

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcKlPhFIE7w

Happy 17th anniversary...